Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

"Rumble Strips"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Rumble Strips"

Good Morning! I have a 2008 Silverado 5.3L with approx. 85K miles on it. Over the past moth or so I ve noticed what feels like I'm driving over "rumble strips" while coming to a stop. It also does it at a slow-roll, say around 15-20 mph. It does NOT do it when I put it in nuetral and stop. While sitting at a stop light it feels a lot more "under-a-load" than it has before too... That goes away as well when I put it in nuetral. At first I figured it was the rotors so I pulled them and had them turned. NO DICE!!!! So I went to work:

-Rotors turned
-Drums turned
-New calipers
-New brake lines
-New pads and shoes
-New Swaybar links
-New Thottle Position Sensor (Check Engine Light fired this code)
-New U Joints (Front and Back)
-Tires rotated
-Beers drank

Dealer says it sounds like it needs the differential serviced ($189), OR the transmission serviced ($239), OR the injectors serviced ($120)... Diagnostics will cost $110 but it would be a waste since there is no CHECK ENGINE light on! Has anyone had a similar issue with this that can provide some hope of me figuring this out without going broke...

Thanks,
David
Old 09-29-2014, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

If it is toquue converter clutch chatter you might try a product called Dr Tranny Instant Shudder Fix. I've used it on a vehicle that can TCC shudder and it seemed to fix it. It was a 97 Merc Cougar. The shudder hasn't come back for about 4 years and the fix was pretty instant. The only thing is TCC shudder doesn't usually occur when slowing down but under light acceleration when locked up.
Attached Thumbnails "Rumble Strips"-sfa.jpg  
Old 10-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motor mounts guaranteed. Have someone power brake it in forward and reverse and watch how much your engine moves. I spent a lot of time and money chasing this. The motor mounts are actually sitting metal to metal and causing your vibration in the truck. It's actually the engine kind of lugging because it has gone into 4 cylinder mode. That's why it feels like it's shuddering. Good luck