PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   Problem with truck not wanting to go into PE? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/problem-truck-not-wanting-go-into-pe-363109/)

ASkipper 04-11-2006 08:49 PM

Problem with truck not wanting to go into PE?

I have tried out some things I was told to do to get my truck to go into PE sooner.I changed the MAP to 90,Hyst to 2 and the delay rpm to 1000. It stills act the same.When I do 0-100 mph blast it will only go into PE when it changes into 2nd gear. What gives am I missing something. I believe I read a post on HPtuners site that Allen Nelson had a problem just like this with an 06 it just did not post what the fix was.

FarmTruc 04-11-2006 09:14 PM

I was in the same boat with these 2 '06 turbo trucks I had here. Contact support at HPT, send them your file and they'll fix it. There is another value in the '06 trucks that delay PE mode. Added to the latest update from HPT, there's a new value that is set at 100%, if you don't have the latest update, get it and try that.
After the fix, both '06 trucks went into PE mode as soon as I commanded it.

good luck,
allen

ASkipper 04-11-2006 09:19 PM

Thanks Allen.I have an e-mail in to them now.

ASkipper 04-11-2006 09:40 PM

Just got the e-mial back from HP.Looks like more tuning and logging tommorrow night to see if that is the fix.

1slowsilverado 04-11-2006 09:55 PM

Hmm very intersting. did you just get a software update or did you have to send your .Bin to them? Keep us updated.

Zick 04-11-2006 11:11 PM

Why are you raising the MAP to 90? Mine stock is only 55 and I've now got it at 0 just to have one less thing to worry about for getting into PE.

ASkipper 04-12-2006 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
Hmm very intersting. did you just get a software update or did you have to send your .Bin to them? Keep us updated.

They sent me a update.If that does not fix it I will probably have to send them my .bin

ASkipper 04-12-2006 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Zick
Why are you raising the MAP to 90? Mine stock is only 55 and I've now got it at 0 just to have one less thing to worry about for getting into PE.

I was told to try that also.One thing that bothers me is that with my tune in there it want go into PE,but my stock tune will change time you kick it.

chrisj6 04-12-2006 10:08 AM

There are a few things you have to change. Zero out all the values at the top of that section, so whenever the TPS commands PE, it goes right into it. Also I maxxed the enrichment rate so it gets there the quickest.

Chris

Zick 04-12-2006 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by ASkipper
I was told to try that also.One thing that bothers me is that with my tune in there it want go into PE,but my stock tune will change time you kick it.

I'm not sure I understand why they would tell you this. If you raise the MAP, that just means now you have to wait until you get to 90Kpa versus 55Kpa before you'll go into PE mode.
I just zero mine out that way all I have to worry about is hitting the TPS % to enable PE.