Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Please look at LS3 525hp tune and critique

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please look at LS3 525hp tune and critique

First, let me say that I'm still very new to tuning. I'm tuning a GMPP LS3 525hp crate engine and I found the tune from GM for that engine to start. I copied all of the engine tables over onto my current tune. The only thing I've changed is I've bumped up idle spark advance to 22* and adjusted my idle overspeed/underspeed tables for a smoother idle, as well as enabled MAF only for idle and part throttle tuning. The vehicle starts up and idles fine, but every time it gets up to temp and the fan kicks on, it starts surging really bad and dies. The same happens if the AC gets turned on. My LTFTs are pegged at 24.2 when warming up until it gets to operating temp.

Also, when driving at a certain speed and then letting off the throttle back to idle, it will stall sometimes. The drivability overall isn't very good, but I assumed that will go away once I tune MAF and VVE.

I was just hoping that maybe you guys could look the tune over and see if there is anything crazy that I'm not seeing. I figured since this is the tune from GM for this engine that it should at least start and drive somewhat decent. Please let me know what you guys think. I have included the log of the bad idle as well.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
LS3 525hp 6 crank spark.hpt (967.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: hpl
LS3 log bad idle.hpl (1.70 MB, 56 views)