Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by CalEditor@PCMCalibrators
put the used cluster in and I will redo the original
I Could but then the milage won't be 100% correct. Would be easier to bum a ride for a week.

How much is the trans temp ad on???

I know the RPM reads about 100-150RPM lower then actuall out put. Every once in a while ! get a blip in the coolant temp but that may be the sensor. It never fluctuates when I want to test it to confirm.

Last edited by 1FastBrick; 11-27-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
I Could but then the milage won't be 100%correct.

How much is the trans temp ad on???

I know the RPM reads about 100-150RPM lower then actuall out put. Every once in a while ! get a blip in the coolant temp but that may be the sensor. It never fluctuates when I want to test it to confirm.
nothing to add the trans temp if you supply the face plate.

We have a set price for all IPC repairs. The HD's take 1 more stepper and the cost to me is less than a $10 difference.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

nothing to add the trans temp if you supply the face plate.

We have a set price for all IPC repairs. The HD's take 1 more stepper and the cost to me is less than a $10 difference.
Ok you got a deal!!! Let me get a face kit ordered up. I think im gonna go With a Stainless face with the blue lights and leave the stock black bezzel...
Old 11-27-2011, 07:46 PM
FormerVendor

Ok you got a deal!!! Let me get a face kit ordered up. I think im gonna go With a Stainless face with the blue lights and leave the stock black bezzel...
when you get it all in send it to the rock Hill address
Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by caleditor@pcmcalibrators
when you get it all in send it to the rock hill address
10-4!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Found this one of the white lights one on a standard silverado cluster 99-02

I will make sure to get the HD version with the trans temp when I order mine.
Attached Thumbnails PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning-8360840013_large.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor

Found this one of the white lights one on a standard silverado cluster 99-02

I will make sure to get the HD version with the trans temp when I order mine.
or Escalade
Old 11-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Im not a fan of the way the numbers look on the escky.

I also am not a big fan of the Chrome ring. I think its to much attention.
Attached Thumbnails PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning-uss-ss-gm-00.jpg   PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning-uss-ss-gm-00-1.jpg   PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning-imagescaiuuxmy.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

i guess the new options they have for the esky dont look so bad...

not sure which way to go on the esky look...

black, platinum, or blue....
Attached Thumbnails PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning-%24-kgrhqeokj0e3rvvyw9vbo-o2sri7-%7E%7E_3.jpg   PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning-%24-kgrhqqokjwe3vhyy8l-bn8hd0oq2g%7E%7E_12.jpg   PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning-%24-kgrhqqokoce3g8ufyrdbn8tp7zoyw%7E%7E_12.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 06:11 AM
FormerVendor

The DUAL-FLASH allows GM GENIII and similar PCMs physically contain two flash chips, allowing the user to switch between two separate calibrations

What is the OmniTuner DUAL-FLASH?

The OmniTuner DUAL-FLASH is a member of the OmniTuner line of products by Digital Inflection Corporation. This device allows you to install two separate flash chips in one Powertrain Control Module. Most GM Generation III applications are supported but when ordering specify which PCM you have so that the DUAL-FLASH has the proper flash chips installed. GM used both 512k and 1 megabyte flash chips in the GEN III PCMs.

The DUAL-FLASH replaces the flash chip that was installed by the factory with two separate OEM flash chips that individually appear to the PCM as a single flash chip when selected. Through the use of a switch of your choice you have the ability to select which one of these flash chips is used by the PCM. You have the ability to switch between flash chips only when the ignition is in the “off” position to prevent accidently switching between flash chips when the car is running.

Possible applications for the DUAL-FLASH include tuning a vehicle for multiple fuels, assuming this tuning is compliant with emission regulations. You can use ethanol based fuels when available and switch back to conventional fuels when desired. Additionally you might choose to tune one flash chip for fuel economy but leave the other flash chip stock. Any tune that you can flash to a stock PCM can be flashed to either one of the flash chips of a DUAL-FLASH enabled PCM.

NOTE: Insure the DUAL-FLASH has an image that is compatible with your PCM before installation. Unless the DUAL-FLASH image has a compatible PCM operating system you will need to reflash the DUAL-FLASH with the correct image before installation. The DUAL-FLASH comes with a default tune for a GM 12200411 PCM which is compatible with many GM PCMs.

How to operate the DUAL-FLASH

Operating the dual flash is as simple as flipping a switch. While your vehicle’s ignition is in the “off” position flip the switch to position one for the first flash or position two for the second flash. You can use a standard toggle switch to keep things simple. You should be aware that changing the position of the switch while your vehicle is running will not switch flash chips but when you turn the ignition “off” and back “on” again the switch between flash chips will occur. So, it is best to only flip the switch when the ignition is off to avoid selecting the wrong flash chip at startup. It is also important to note that after turning the ignition “off” you must wait 20 seconds before turning it “on” for the DUAL-FLASH to switch. This is because it takes about 20 seconds to completely power down your PCM.

Anyone looking for the sold out Dual-Flash units we have a new batch done.

Quick Reply: PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning