Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Limp mode “reduced engine power”

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I run sd everyday no problems, I has better throttle response to me. Idles alot better me also. Hell every car and now adays are sd anyways
Old 12-06-2017, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

GM is still MAF based, ford is both and as well as many others.

Infact you can't tune in straight speed density anymore on the newest GM models, the stock computers won't allow you do. It completely throws off the torque model because everything is torque based now. Gone are the days of the pure airflow model based operating systems.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I don't bother with the 'tuning in speed density' as its conventionally described in HPT. The scanner these days has enough tools to handle both MAF and VVE calibration simultaneously. And then when you're finished with the airflow calibration, you now have to do the torque model. Which is in theory road calibratable to some margin of error as long as you meet some other requirements first. I wonder how much longer people will continue modding these things lol.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m thinkin some of my issues are ground wire location.
Places i have currently grounded to:
engine ground strap- firewall to bellhousing bolt
3 ground wires come out of the loom close together behind the intake. From looking online and research, on stock applications, one wire grounds to the bolt hole in the block by the cam position sensor. The other two on the back of the head.
I grounded all 3 at the same place in the bolt hole by the Cam sensor.
The one i feel sure is giving problems is the ground wire on the starter/hvac harness.
When i ran the wires under the power steering pump, around the front of the engine toward the ac compressor ,all plug ins basically fell into place as they were. Pretty simple. The ground wire didn’t though. The only place that it will reach is the bolt on the front of the oil pan. So i grounded it to the pan. Not a good idea think I’ve learned. 👎🏻
Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Long story short, after removing intake and triple checking all grounds behind it, buying an oil sender adapter for a mechanical gauge and quadruple checking everything, it was the pcm fighting itself. The tuner told me the torque table was out of whack and had it fixed in 15 minutes.

after driving it and noticing and oil puddle under the truck, i pulled the intake again and found a fitting on the adapter leaking. Fixed that and everything seems ok. Am getting pretty good at removing the intake 👍🏻