PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   idle takes time to settle at disired idle rpm... (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/idle-takes-time-settle-disired-idle-rpm-489392/)

05gmcsierra 09-26-2011 07:35 PM

idle takes time to settle at disired idle rpm...

having same issue as andyc3 if many of u read his post u know wht im talking about. but not gonna emphasize on that since i read on how to work with it so i will give it a try. another issue is while driving at cruise speed i throw the truck in N and it revs up and slowly comes down, so when i c i cop i like to throw it in N but it just makes the truck louder since rpm go up instead of down, what can that be.. i have my tuner who will look into it but i have efi and i want to learn on my own all ur help will be appreciated. las thing is if im in P or N and i rev it while stopped it also revs then comes down to about 2-2.5k and then slowly comes down after that but it takes its time.. will this be same issue as when im rolling and put it in N?? thanks guys..

Gadgetized 09-26-2011 08:07 PM

The issues are different when you are rolling. More than likely your issues are with throttle cracker (when rolling like over 10 mph or wherever it is set), and throttle follower when the vehicle is sitting still. They are located under "idle". Also make sure your desired airflows are set properly under "Idle" then "General". Post your tune and I will be happy to take a look at it.

05gmcsierra 09-26-2011 08:12 PM

yea i know where all those values are at.. what are proper values for desired airflow ive been trying to raise them to fix the turning off issues when i try to park or give the gas a tap and let off.. looking at andyc3 thread it looks like desired airflow and airflow decay should help with that.. now ur saying cracker when im on roll but the N values?

smokeshow 09-26-2011 10:02 PM

Some people like to rape the desired airflow table to bring idle back in line when its actually the cracker or follower working behind the scenes. So then once they do get idle to return quickly to where it needs to be, it surges and makes you think you need to keep changing stuff, when you were just changing the wrong things. Log IAC steps, throttle follower airflow and throttle cracker airflow. When you see values lingering from a roll and TPS is 0, you'll know what is causing your idle to hang.

05gmcsierra 09-26-2011 10:22 PM

thanks ill get on that later today... ill keep looking and c what i can find.. thanks smokeshow..

1slowz71 09-26-2011 10:29 PM

Mine does the same shit ....lol but not in n

Mangled03gmc 09-26-2011 10:36 PM

Mine does is also, some times to the point it wants to stall, afr's go's way fat.. I was also told to look at the follower.. But since I am not a tuning wiz i have no clue.. LOL.. But it hasn't done it in quite some time.. It comes randomly

05gmcsierra 09-26-2011 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc (Post 4780864)
Mine does is also, some times to the point it wants to stall, afr's go's way fat.. I was also told to look at the follower.. But since I am not a tuning wiz i have no clue.. LOL.. But it hasn't done it in quite some time.. It comes randomly

lol im no tuning qiz either but thats y im asking for help.. ill defanetly look into the follower.. desired airflow kinda helped but i had to raise it 10% and truck doesnt feel good. so ima put it back down and mess with other things..i got an idea on what to mess with ill c if i figure it out..

KLUG'S SS 09-27-2011 08:10 AM

Follow the correct procedure in getting the idle airflow spot on or close to being spot on and life will get a lot easier. Bottom line, "most" of the time as long as your VE and or MAF tables are dialed in based on good injector data, etc... and your idle airflow table is right many of the other tables such as the throttle follower, throttle cracker and so on don't even need to be touched.

terravast4 09-27-2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc (Post 4780864)

You will probably notice more when it cools off and you don't use the a/c and the idle is a little lower