Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

HPTuners Repository Gone

Old 05-31-2018, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HPTuners Repository Gone

I'm looking for a tune from a 2004 or 2005 manual transmission truck. It has to be one of those years because I need it to be a DBW truck.

Maybe we can share files here. I have a pretty good handful of stock files I'd be happy to share if anyone needs one.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

I just disabled all my auto trans code and changed from auto to manual in one of the trans or main tables, i forget which. thats all you should have to do....

if i remember this evening when i get home, I'll PM you the one for my truck....last time i looked in the repository for a manual DBW, the werent any.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

I have mine like that right now. I left the PNRDL switch on the harness in park. I assume if I take it off that the truck won't start because of the neutral safety switch. It drives pretty well but since it's in park, I'm afraid it's using the wrong timing tables and idle tables. Also, I can see that there's no throttle cracker. I think I could tune it a little better if it were able to see the clutch position and stuff.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted mine on your thread at HPT forums. 05 dbw 4.8l manual. I could use a tune for E85 or SD tune on a 4.8.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Teeny, you need a stock tune? I could post a tune and disable the MAF. that's not really a tune but it would technically be SD. Thank you for posting that Manual tune.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by axekick
I have mine like that right now. I left the PNRDL switch on the harness in park. I assume if I take it off that the truck won't start because of the neutral safety switch. It drives pretty well but since it's in park, I'm afraid it's using the wrong timing tables and idle tables. Also, I can see that there's no throttle cracker. I think I could tune it a little better if it were able to see the clutch position and stuff.
I left the switch in there too, but my truck PRNDL on the dash defaults to D when i turn the truck on. I assume thats the manual tune telling it to do that. If yours does the same thing then it should be using the right tables.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

I thought about temporarily overriding the NSS and setting the PRNDL switch to drive. My PRNDL indicator on my dash doesn't work but I can look at it with my tuning software.
Old 05-31-2018, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Axekick I'm good man. thanks.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

There are two ways (positions) on the NSS that can be tied to the clutch switch and when connected your truck should still start regardless of your selected position. Starting should not be disabled by what range position your pcm or bcm thinks it is in. only the NSS itself.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
There are two ways (positions) on the NSS that can be tied to the clutch switch and when connected your truck should still start regardless of your selected position. Starting should not be disabled by what range position your pcm or bcm thinks it is in. only the NSS itself.
I posted in your thread what I should have posted here but I think it's useful for whomever is doing the same swap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HPTuners Repository Gone