PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   HP Tuners appliction key prob (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/hp-tuners-appliction-key-prob-484351/)

stock48 06-21-2011 01:43 AM

HP Tuners appliction key prob

Every once in awhile I try to access my tunes and it asks me for an application key. Is this HP doing this, or a prob with my computer? It has fucked me twice at the track and bad while towing a trailer from Co to Ca.

AKlowriderZ71 06-21-2011 02:09 AM

Do you always use the same cable? Is it asking you for the app key when you're plugged into your cable?

stock48 06-21-2011 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71 (Post 4721244)
Do you always use the same cable? Is it asking you for the app key when you're plugged into your cable?

No it's when I try to access my tunes on the laptop. Has only happened once while trying to flash.

AKlowriderZ71 06-21-2011 02:53 AM

Hmm, I typically have my cable plugged into my laptop any time I update my application key. Maybe you updated your app key without having the cable plugged in, so the file didn't update? I'm not sure how else that might happen. The files are tied to the cable by the application key, that much I do know.

Have you sent an email to support@hptuners.com? They're usually pretty quick to respond.

stock48 06-21-2011 02:56 AM

Haven't updated either of them. where it screwed me up was when I finally got down to low elevation and needed to change my tune I couldn't. I wasn't anywhere I could get internet access.

AKlowriderZ71 06-21-2011 03:04 AM

That would suck. If there was cell service, AND you have a smart phone, you could login to HPT and request your app key be emailed to you. Still a PITA, but may help.

Or, before a trip that you plan the need, you could e-mail the app key to yourself. Still shitty though.

I've never had that happen. However, I have had to wait 5 hours for a new app key after purchasing new credits. You should send an email to support.

Wheatley 06-21-2011 03:09 AM

I don't think I have had that happen,then again it may have and I don't remember.LOL
Anytime the application key is updated,you need to be plugged in to the interface
I would Try emailing support and see what they say

2xLS1 06-21-2011 08:39 AM

Kind of dumb that you would need internet access to re enter your current application key. You should only need internet access if buying credits and updating to a new app key. Keep it in a .txt or a .doc file on the laptop.

AKlowriderZ71 06-21-2011 02:17 PM

The only reason you'd need internet access would be if you didn't know your app key, and had to login to HPT to request it my email. If you already have the key #'s, you would just type them in.

1969x11 06-21-2011 04:05 PM

Which version are you using 2.22 or the 2.23 beta?