Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

HP standard Vs Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HP standard Vs Pro

Wanting to but my own Tuner, this the pro much better just because of the wideband connections or would the standard be ok for me and my friends vehicle.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

If you want the ability to swap a wideband around from vehicle to vehicle easier then the PRO version would be very helpful. Then you wouldn't have to wire it into the vehicles harness and create a channel via another circuit to log it.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The main difference is the pro has direct analog inputs and standalone datalogging capability. This makes hooking a wideband a lot easier. However you can still log extra sensors through the factory PCM by hijacking another sensor like EGR (which isn't used but is still there), or AC pressure. I used the standard one for a long time before I finally upgraded to the pro.

I am a dealer for HPTuners and can get you a brand new one for below retail and can also get you a discount on future credit purchases. Just let me know when you are ready to order and I can get you taken care of.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:49 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

You would need to wire in the WB through the EGR or AC pressure to log it directly with the standard version. Not hard at all, but its more work.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Atomic Performance
The main difference is the pro has direct analog inputs and standalone datalogging capability. This makes hooking a wideband a lot easier. However you can still log extra sensors through the factory PCM by hijacking another sensor like EGR (which isn't used but is still there), or AC pressure. I used the standard one for a long time before I finally upgraded to the pro.

I am a dealer for HPTuners and can get you a brand new one for below retail and can also get you a discount on future credit purchases. Just let me know when you are ready to order and I can get you taken care of.
Do you offer a loaner unit for data logging and tuning, then return for refund?
Old 05-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Truck Sponsor

I have actually been considering doing that. Would you be interested in that instead of having your own to keep?

I would probably charge $50 for this type of thing. Meaning if you want to lease a standard unit you would send me a $500 deposit and when it was retuned to me I would refund you $450.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Atomic Performance
I have actually been considering doing that. Would you be interested in that instead of having your own to keep?

I would probably charge $50 for this type of thing. Meaning if you want to lease a standard unit you would send me a $500 deposit and when it was retuned to me I would refund you $450.
This maybe a very good option for me to get a very good base tune.

Last edited by Jermoslin; 05-13-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: miss wording
Old 05-14-2017, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

What brand laptops do users that tune like? operating systems-standard or professional?
Old 05-14-2017, 10:58 PM
Truck Sponsor

Cool, shoot me an email at atomicfandp@gmail.com and we can work out the details.

Laptop really doesn't matter much, the software is not very CPU intensive so any laptop from the last 7 years should be just fine. I like a larger 17" laptop so I can see more at once, but I have friends that use tiny 12" ones that the battery lasts forever and a half.