PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   How personal is your VE table? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/how-personal-your-ve-table-368069/)

dewmanshu 06-19-2006 11:32 AM

How personal is your VE table?

Obviously each setup is different, hell even similar setups with the same truck will still get different scenarios. But tuning the ve table should IMO net a pretty similar picture for each particular application. Hence the ability of blower companies being able to shoot out a pretty well designed cookie cutter tune. Even before i got 2bar and then the smaller pulley I have felt my VE table has never appeared to be close to other tunes I've looked at. As you'll notice Yelo in that stock bin you're getting the 4K range has a nice "turtle shell" to it. (I just made the turtle shell thing up) On my ve table I have a HUGE crater or pocket in the upper map mid rpm. I have been rinsing and cleaning this ve table for a week now. It's what the blower/truck wants. It runs really good and gets seriously mad at me if I add fuel(air) in that area. Curious if I am getting upset about nothing here and all you FI guys have the same results or I have issues in this region of my ve table?

Last VE edit pic link

Yelo 06-19-2006 12:26 PM

Actually...that Radix VE table looks ALOT like my current one, but yours looks WIERD (btw...how did you rotate the table to see it from that angle)

dewmanshu 06-19-2006 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Yelo
Actually...that Radix VE table looks ALOT like my current one, but yours looks WIERD (btw...how did you rotate the table to see it from that angle)

Hold mouse button #2 down on pic and move. There seems to be some practice needed with rotating it, tricky tricky. LOL

That's what I am saying, It looks real wierd. It doesn't make logical sense to need less fuel in that spot. I am not tuning the ve table with my meth on either. Hmmmm.

Yelo 06-19-2006 12:40 PM

WOW...I learned a new trick today !!

The ONLY reason I could think that you'd need less fuel there is if for some reason the engine/compressor looses efficiency there (duh) due to maybe a pulse harmonic in the exhaust or possibly the intake, or belt slippage maybe....I'm kinda grasping at straws here

Are you logging AFR ???...with a table like that I'd REALLY be watching your AFR

02sierraz71_5.3 06-19-2006 12:56 PM

That table looks similar to others Ive seen. I think some of it depends on the way you drive, if you adjust the throttle differently more-less aggressively trimming changes and the ve table looks different. This is the reason for ltft's, along with temp and baro changes etc....

dewmanshu 06-19-2006 12:58 PM

Oh I am watching those AFR's. I have the 2.02/1.57 valves, A REALLY BIG exhaust past the 2 1/2" Y-pipe.

I have had alot of issues with exhaust leaks in the past. (pre-Wideband) and I think, I am pretty sure they are good now. But I am guessing a leak would make it fatter though(seeing all that air would make her lean, or think she is lean). I don't know. I want to see more picks of other's ve tables. Post up your FI ve tables.

Hope it's not belt slip. I put the larger idler pulleys on over the weekend. I do have th epinning kit as well. Just need to install though. I was gonna do my e-fan install the same time for that.

BlownChevy 06-19-2006 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I have been rinsing and cleaning this ve table for a week now.

If you use hot water it will shrink.....are you using Tide? I hear they really like Tide.

BlownChevy 06-19-2006 02:31 PM

Here is mine after a long rinse with Cheer and Mr Bubble.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...valleytune.jpg

thunder550 06-19-2006 02:33 PM

I sent you my tune right? My VE table is all wacked too....weird spikes and valleys. I'll try to get a pic put up when I get home tonight.

Yelo 06-19-2006 02:33 PM

I think he sucked up some dirt because of the blower....that's why the table was so dirty