PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   HELP!!!!! HP Tuners Wont Read VCM And Now Reduced Engine Power (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/help-hp-tuners-wont-read-vcm-now-reduced-engine-power-486967/)

jkade72 08-11-2011 07:02 PM

HELP!!!!! HP Tuners Wont Read VCM And Now Reduced Engine Power

I just hooked up the interface to my 04 crew and started trying to read the stock tune for the first time.... the info center started going through all the settings and the read entire stopped and now I have reduced engine power and the truck won't even hardly rev up. I have used this laptop before and the battery was fully charged. WTF do I do now? There is a brand new battery in the truck too. It says cannot connect to the VCM.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

KY_BOB 08-11-2011 07:49 PM

Damn, I don't know what to tell you. I've seen that happen once but it wasn't the first time a tune was pulled from the truck. They had to do an "entire rewrite" of a previous tune to get it back going. Without a complete tune to rewrite :shrug:

Good luck. I feel for you.

jkade72 08-11-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by KY_BOB (Post 4751644)
Damn, I don't know what to tell you. I've seen that happen once but it wasn't the first time a tune was pulled from the truck. They had to do an "entire rewrite" of a previous tune to get it back going. Without a complete tune to rewrite :shrug:

Good luck. I feel for you.

I may have got lucky, pulled the pcm fuses and put them back in and it cranked and ran fine. Drove it to advance and used their scanner since the check engine light was now on. THis is the code it had...... U0107 -- lost communication with throttle actuator control module. Cleared it and it didn't come back on coming home.

I hooked the interface to my blazer and the wife's tahoe and it will not read either of them. Nothing has changed on my laptop. I am having my brother bring his laptop tomorrow so I can see what it does with his.

????

KY_BOB 08-11-2011 09:01 PM

I know this is a long shot but the OBD port is powered off the same fuse as the cigarette lighter. Check that fuse. I have personally hooked up to 2 trucks and couldn't read them. Both of those had blown lighter fuses. If it were to let go while you were downloading....

Just a wild a$$ thought.

TXsilverado 08-11-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by KY_BOB (Post 4751718)
I know this is a long shot but the OBD port is powered off the same fuse as the cigarette lighter. Check that fuse. I have personally hooked up to 2 trucks and couldn't read them. Both of those had blown lighter fuses. If it were to let go while you were downloading....

Just a wild a$$ thought.

stole my words...check cig fuse

jkade72 08-11-2011 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by KY_BOB (Post 4751718)

Just a wild a$$ thought.

It has power, I went to Advance Auto after this happened and used their code scanner to see why the check engine was on.

TXsilverado 08-11-2011 09:29 PM

try a different USB port. make sure your USB drivers are installed too. key is in the ON position right? will the scanner work?

jkade72 08-11-2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by TXsilverado (Post 4751760)
try a different USB port. make sure your USB drivers are installed too. key is in the ON position right? will the scanner work?

Allready done all of that. Even tried another usb cable, the computer recognizes when the interface is plugged in and the drivers are correct. Yes, the key has been on in all 3 vehicles. No, the scanner will not work either. I think the interface is toast since it was working and quit during a scan.

max1 08-12-2011 04:33 AM

i am on the same issues, but mine will not start, it will only crank//

i have engine power reduced and multiple codes
P0118 ,P0122,P0223,P0443,P0122,P0223.

i have tried swapping ecm's, Tb, sensors, check all fuses, grounds, voltage's, battery, even loaded different tunes on ECM, and still same issues , will not start only crank, with same codes...

jkade72 08-12-2011 07:55 AM

I am about 99.9% sure the hp tuners interface has went bad. I hooked it up to my brothers laptop this morning and it would not work on my truck or his. He just used it 3 days ago with his laptop with no problems. Damn the luck!!