PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   help figure out a few year prob.. no power (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/help-figure-out-few-year-prob-no-power-495883/)

Crisdg.KHP 01-26-2012 08:46 PM

X2 with the fuel problem..
It might be the filter. Good luck on the fix bro..

01WS6/tamu 01-26-2012 10:12 PM

Does it have cats. If the tune is off it could have mega toasted them.

silverado2000 01-26-2012 11:07 PM

yes i changed the filter under the cab, no cats either. i just got home from work so i didnt have a chance to check the fuel psi, or use the scanner ill get it all done tomorrow night. think it could be a bad fuel pressure regulator? and my current tuner has not had a chance to see any logs from the truck all i have gotten from him is a mail order tune. he is sending me logging cables soon so if i dont get if fixed from yalls advice before then maybe he will she the prob. i will report back with the results tomorrow.

black04 01-26-2012 11:40 PM

Good luck man. Hopefully you get it figured out after almost 3 years.

silverado2000 01-28-2012 12:02 PM

fuel psi, is at 58psi idleing the more gas you give it the lower it goes. when revving it drops to about 50-52 and holds it there.

1FastBrick 01-28-2012 01:30 PM

You should be around 48-50 PSI idle with the FPR pluged in. If you un-plug it, it will go up 10 PSI from the base. Under load as the vacuum drops the valve allows more pressure to compensate for the added demand for fuel under load.

If I am not mistaken it works like a bypass. It's open under idle to allow the fuel to flow back. as the demand for pressure increases it closes and restricts flow back to the tank so it does not lose the pressure it needs to maintain fuel demand.

silverado2000 01-28-2012 07:20 PM

So mine is working opposite of what it should?

MikeGyver 01-28-2012 09:45 PM

Yours works as it should, but your testing procedure is questionable. Base pressure, 58 psi, is the pressure you get with the key on, engine off. It is the same as the engine running and the vacuum hose disconnected. Pressure should be about 52 at idle.
Other than those two situations, the numbers that you get sitting in the driveway working the throttle are meaningless.
The third pressure that you need to test is when you are at full throttle and maximum load. It should be close to 58 psi.

1FastBrick 01-28-2012 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by MikeGyver (Post 4856526)
Yours works as it should, but your testing procedure is questionable. Base pressure, 58 psi, is the pressure you get with the key on, engine off. It is the same as the engine running and the vacuum hose disconnected. Pressure should be about 52 at idle.
Other than those two situations, the numbers that you get sitting in the driveway working the throttle are meaningless.
The third pressure that you need to test is when you are at full throttle and maximum load. It should be close to 58 psi.

Good point

silverado2000 01-29-2012 04:55 PM

fuel psi drops to around 54 under a load. i replaced the tps, iac, and fuel reg, thing still runs like ass. someone give me a name of a shop i can drop this piece off to and have it fixed!!