Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Electric fan conversion relay questions us 01' OS .

Old 07-21-2007, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD6.0l
Look at pin16 , it was fan high on some .
Pins (42 , 33 , 16) are ground not power .
16 on which connector? Book shows it unused on blue, 4wd low signal on red. Haven't gone out and looked yet.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

Man I don't remember , I will see if I still have the PIN out schematics that shows it .
Just saw it once when helping someone else with this , it did show it was not used and was for ground at Temp .
Blue is probably it , if not used , but some do serve dual purposes .
Old 07-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Teching In

If you wire it correctly, you can control the fans pretty much any way you want. I have a 2001 Corvette and a 2002 Silverado both running the same operating system. That means I can have the same type of fan control in the Silverado as I do in the Corvette. Obviously, the PCM-to-fan wiring in the truck has to be modified, but once that's done, you'll have the same type of dual fan control as exists in a Corvette, once you reflash the PCM. I'm not sure how other systems display the relevant tables, but in EFILive, if you look under "System" and "Fans" you'll see the control options available. I'm gathering the parts to do a dual electric fan conversion on my Silverado and I'll post the gory details when it's completed.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man reading this got me confused I thought the e-fans were an easy mod. I got an 06 and was going to buy a nelson harness and use some a flexalite 282?? I think, big dual fan had it on my old suburban. Anyway i was going to get a new tune with the fans turned on, being that its an 06 will the fans work low and high etc without me havign to add extra relays?
Old 07-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlownHD
Man reading this got me confused I thought the e-fans were an easy mod. I got an 06 and was going to buy a nelson harness and use some a flexalite 282?? I think, big dual fan had it on my old suburban. Anyway i was going to get a new tune with the fans turned on, being that its an 06 will the fans work low and high etc without me havign to add extra relays?
Hate to be a barer of bad news but the Nelson harness is designed for LS1 fans , the small 27" rad fans , if you use the larger fans there needs to be fuses for the relays (Nelson's doesn't have) two 40 amp for the fans and 10 amp for the power source .
That is why I went with the stock fan harness comes with fuses relays and hooks right up to fuse box can't even see it .
Been there , done that , wore out the T-shirt .
Old 07-22-2007, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dfe1
If you wire it correctly, you can control the fans pretty much any way you want. I have a 2001 Corvette and a 2002 Silverado both running the same operating system. That means I can have the same type of fan control in the Silverado as I do in the Corvette. Obviously, the PCM-to-fan wiring in the truck has to be modified, but once that's done, you'll have the same type of dual fan control as exists in a Corvette, once you reflash the PCM. I'm not sure how other systems display the relevant tables, but in EFILive, if you look under "System" and "Fans" you'll see the control options available. I'm gathering the parts to do a dual electric fan conversion on my Silverado and I'll post the gory details when it's completed.
That might work for a 2wd, but let's see you try it with a 4wd.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HD6.0l
Factory Fan Harness
Will fit most trucks and can be used with out lights flickering from A/C cycling fans every time the A/C starts , common problem with after market harnesses .

Does the factory fan harness come as a separate assembly? I thought it was mixed in with the headlights, etc...?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Besides the obvious dealer is there anyone else to get the factory harness?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jknox
That might work for a 2wd, but let's see you try it with a 4wd.
I looked at some schematics and pin 42 and 33 are there in 02 so the PCM should trigger both just fine (2wd and 4wd) .
I think GMpartsdirect.com and I have a couple of more places that have it but can't remember them right off hand .
And yes the harness is part of a forward fog light assembly , so if you don't have fog lights and you want them you get two for the price of one .
Old 07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Launching!

You wouldn't happen to know the harness part #???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electric fan conversion relay questions us 01' OS .