Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

EDGE GAS EVOLUTION CTS2, With Full Bolt ons

Old 11-30-2018, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EDGE GAS EVOLUTION CTS2, With Full Bolt ons

So I have a 6.2 L94 engine in my ESV.

I plan to throw in a cam, stall, VVT delete, Heads, LS3 intake(inplace of the truck intake), Long tube exhaust. However I was considering picking up the EDGE CTS2 while I gather up the parts wait for a good time to have my daily down while installing the parts. I am aware the 6l80e apparently can barely handle a measely 450rwhp stock so im sure that will be upgraded rather short order after the upgrades.

The question is really will the CTS2 have any worthwhile use after going full bolt on and having the ESV dyno tuned. I have considered getting the Gas and an E85 tune since its flexfuel anyways but ive never had a Flexfuel vehicle before. I have seen great reviews of the CTS2 but its always guys who are stock or have at most a muffler.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2018, 05:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

Just install a real alcohol sensor, wire it in and have it tuned with that. There will be zero requirements for separate tunes because the computer will know the alcohol content of the fuel at all times. It will be able to adjust fueling, timing and everything else on the fly with a real sensor.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP
Just install a real alcohol sensor, wire it in and have it tuned with that. There will be zero requirements for separate tunes because the computer will know the alcohol content of the fuel at all times. It will be able to adjust fueling, timing and everything else on the fly with a real sensor.
So the E85 comment was more just hey i have E85 cool, in reality im not buying the CTS2 for the E85 component but buying it for its selectable options like gas saver, performance, towing, trans tuning things like that. However I *wasnt sure if once i install real mods if then the programmer would be useless or even worse detrimental to the tuner programmed tunes.