PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   change oil soon???? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/change-oil-soon-357683/)

ssdan 01-26-2006 10:45 PM

change oil soon????

does anyone know why my 05' SS keeps telling me to "change oil soon" when i just changed it 500mi ago?

SSlow 4.8 01-26-2006 10:51 PM

its a re-occuring sensor.. its on a timer.. doesnt actually sense dirty oil, however, that would be innovative, lol.

Im not sure about the 05's but there is a computer reset... in the 01's you would turn the key to the on position and press the gas 4x and than it would reset the sensors... but i beleive that is all done through your stock radio now... check your owners manual.. but this sensor doesnt mean anything, so dont worry :)

Wilde Racing 01-26-2006 10:52 PM

you have to reset the oil life sytem or what ever GM calls it.
turn the key on and mash the gas petal to the floor three times the oil light should flash and reset. better instructions are in the manual.

I believe my wifes o5 is still reset through the gas pedal, I can't remeber now, but I'm sure I didn't do it throu the F.M.

Mangled03gmc 01-27-2006 03:20 AM

:judge: yes what they said. just turn your key to on but not start, press the pedal atleast 4 times.

OnyxSilveradoSS 01-27-2006 07:17 AM

you can reset form the wheel, hold the reset button for a sec or two and it will do the same as hitting the gas.

ssdan 01-28-2006 12:01 PM

Thanks alot guys that stupid messege is starting to piss me off!

Beastofa327 02-03-2006 08:04 AM

My 02 is get in close door, turn ignition to ACC, pump gas to the floor 3 times, oil light flashes 5 sec than it's reset. i set my trip odm every time I change my oil so it reminds me to reset the sys

Snafudilligad 02-03-2006 02:20 PM

I really think that GM needs to start making the manuals in audio format or make it so they can be played on a psp or something. Nobody reads anymore......

83 Chevy 02-03-2006 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Snafudilligad
I really think that GM needs to start making the manuals in audio format or make it so they can be played on a psp or something. Nobody reads anymore......

Well, I will say that the format they have is very confusing. You think you are reading about the stereo you have, but who knows. They list every different type of stereo made and start the instructions over from the beginning for each type. Very confusing.

They do the same thing with the rearview mirror.

I think they should give the instructions for the basic controls, and then say, if you you have onstar or xm, these features will act differently.

Just my .02

Mike

TurboBerserker 02-03-2006 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by ssdan
does anyone know why my 05' SS keeps telling me to "change oil soon" when i just changed it 500mi ago?

In an 03, you tab through to the oil HUD and press and hold the little arrow key. That resets it to 100%. I think it's straight mileage.