Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

b2 stft question, log attached

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question b2 stft question, log attached

Have a friend helping me with some basic remote tuning and now learning along the way. Several Questions:

1) B2 STFT seems like it pulls often in a strange way, even at idle. Why would this be? Leaky injector? Vacuum leak? we resealed the whole lq4 before installation. any insight as to if this is normal is appreciated.

2) Knock...I have read all stickies more than once on multiple forums and understand detonation and pre ignition. any insight how to fix the little bit of KR seen at mutiple locations on log? how severe is the amount seen? insights?

3) timing pulsing up and down at idle. I did read about this but am not 100% on fix.

4) Any more general insights would greatly be appreciated. yes wideband not hooked up. working on it, will report back.

5) did I log a decent enough amount of data to get good info to look at?
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
03-14-18 log to share.hpl (1.21 MB, 170 views)
Old 03-15-2018, 10:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumpity
Old 03-15-2018, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

I can't view the log, it opens to a black page for whatever reason.

A simple test on the sensor would be to just swap them side to side to make sure it's not the sensor itself that is the cause. But if it did start doing it on bank 1, then it's going to be a sensor issue.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:54 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bencase
Have a friend helping me with some basic remote tuning and now learning along the way. Several Questions:

1) B2 STFT seems like it pulls often in a strange way, even at idle. Why would this be? Leaky injector? Vacuum leak? we resealed the whole lq4 before installation. any insight as to if this is normal is appreciated.

2) Knock...I have read all stickies more than once on multiple forums and understand detonation and pre ignition. any insight how to fix the little bit of KR seen at mutiple locations on log? how severe is the amount seen? insights?

3) timing pulsing up and down at idle. I did read about this but am not 100% on fix.

4) Any more general insights would greatly be appreciated. yes wideband not hooked up. working on it, will report back.

5) did I log a decent enough amount of data to get good info to look at?
An exhaust leak at the head or flange will cause trims to go positive.

Create a histogram to monitor knock over time. If you are picking up KR over the same cell multiple times, then you may want to reduce the timing there. Also disable burst knock as it will show up as KR.

Depending on cam size and timing correction, this may be normal.