Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

another e-fan conversion thread

Old 11-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another e-fan conversion thread

So, ive read all the electric fan conversion threads on here over and over and over. So much contradicting information. But it seems as if you can in fact put them on a 99-02 using ecm pins blue 42 and red 33. I do not want to use the ac clutch wire. This being said, i wired my fans up using both ecm pins but something was acting weird. I have the factory fan harness, not any of the aftermarket ones. So i took the blue wire straight to red pin 33, and the green wire straight to blue pin 42 after i added a pin there. Whats happening though is even the slightest bump of the relays activates the fans. You can barely flick the relays with your finger and they activate and turn on the fans. Like its somehow grounding through something, even when the truck is off and there is no way the pcm is commanding ground to either of those pins. So i know that driving the truck around that if i hit a bump that it would turn them on. I just want them to work correctly, I am lost. Anybody have any ideas?

Another thing. I cut the wire going to pin 33 and it stopped doing this. So I assume it has to be something trying to ground itself through pin 33. Any help is very much appreciated.

Using a 411 pcm

Last edited by ls2rcsb; 11-20-2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added pcm

Search this Thread