Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

activating efans in PCM--does it also turn them on for A/C

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default activating efans in PCM--does it also turn them on for A/C

I've seen where some of yall have used the stock PCM to operate your newly installed electric fans after reprogramming it to turn them on...does this cover temperature and A/C control or is there something seperate.

I have an aftermarket flex-a-lite variable speed controller for my two 18" parts house fans...and I was wondering if I could use the switched 12v pin off of the pcm to run the flex-a-lite controller.

Truck is a 2004
Old 09-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bentrek
I've seen where some of yall have used the stock PCM to operate your newly installed electric fans after reprogramming it to turn them on...does this cover temperature and A/C control or is there something seperate.

I have an aftermarket flex-a-lite variable speed controller for my two 18" parts house fans...and I was wondering if I could use the switched 12v pin off of the pcm to run the flex-a-lite controller.

Truck is a 2004
Post the tune. Yes, there are seperate tables for the A/C.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
Post the tune. Yes, there are seperate tables for the A/C.
I am not tuning it...just trying to find out what's possible. My hope is that there is one pin on the ecm that I can access to run a wire to the Flex-a-lite controller to turn the fans on for both temp and a/c...but I don't know if it has/can be done this way. Most seem to use factory fans/harnesses and I don't have them but I am hoping to find a way to make it work. If I can't use the ecm for both, then I will have to rely on the supplied probe in the radiator and trace out the hot wire for the compressor clutch and tap into it.