Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

4L80E torque management and WOT shift pressure

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L80E torque management and WOT shift pressure

I recently did a 411 PCM swap into my 97 GMC K2500 Suburban with 5.7 Vortec and 4L80E. motor is running great and I have been tweaking the trans tune every few days. I have the shift points perfectly where I want them, here is the tune so you can see what I have going on, currently running this tune. I have searched and cannot seem to find these answers since most people just turn this stuff off, but I want to keep torque management for trans shifts. So I believe I have turned it off for all engine related scenarios, and I actually increased it for trans shifts, I also increased line pressure and shortened shift time. This trans also has a HD2 shift kit. I have TQM on aggressively during shifts to pull as much timing as possible,maybe it will bark like a dual clutch? that is the hope, it doesn't seem to be doing so. and to reduce shift stress because this thing weighs 6500 lbs. my first question is, am i missing something here? because TQM for shifts doesn't seem to be working to plan at least for all part throttle applications, I did take a log but I am not able to post that right now. Second question is, is there torque management for WOT shifts? it must reference a different table because TQ decreases at higher RPM when it shifts (about 200-lbft at 5200rpm) because it shifts really hard. I know the shift kit is adding line pressure, but I thought I could reduce it some with TQM settings. Third question is shift pressures, how come my shift pressure tables say they range from 0-200+psi and every other pressure table only goes to 96? Also is there a separate pressure table for WOT shifts? or at WOT does it just command full line pressure? If it commands full line pressure, then I definitely want TQM to do its job and pull lots of timing. the WOT 1-2 shift isnt a nice crisp shift, its more like frame twisting bolt snapping slam, and its way to aggressive for the weight and rotating mass of this whale.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
L31_suburban__trans tune 2.hpt (284.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 03-30-2017, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didnt realize my editor was set to tuner lock. this one is unlocked.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
L31_suburban__trans tune 2.hpt (285.6 KB, 49 views)