PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   4.8 wont start!! PLEASE HELP. (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/4-8-wont-start-please-help-497394/)

Benjaminsince90 02-19-2012 01:29 PM

4.8 wont start!! PLEASE HELP.

Hi, im new to this site and dont know too much about trucks. long story short i put some stp cleaner in my gas and put too much. within 5- 10 mins into driving my truck starts making funny sounds then to a point where i cant start it.. It will start if i spray starting fluid in the intake. but dies soon after you stop spraying. coolant in the oil and on valve covers. Mostly on the driver side tho

I took off the heads thinking it was head gasket.. wasn't that, i checked the heads for cracks, warps, valves were not leaking.

I then looked at the block and had no cracks that i could see. cylinder walls looked fine, even on the driver side. i even took off the valley cover and it looked fine too.

I replaced the head gasket, spark plugs thinking they foiled out. that's not the problem.

I think i may have a crack in the block since i got coolant in my oil. but where would the crack be to cause it not to start? also ive never over heated. the temp was maybe 190 at the most when this started to happen

I also did a couple seafoam treatments a couple days before this.

any help would be nice thanks.

CCrowell2 02-19-2012 01:41 PM

could have been a head or intake gasket on the water in the oil part, was you coolant level low? On the no starting it sounds like your fuel pump went out.

Benjaminsince90 02-19-2012 01:45 PM

ohh srry forgot to say its a 2005 silverado with plastic intake.coolant does not run throw the intake. when it first happened no it wasn't. and the pump is working i hear it click on and theres pressure in the fuel rail too

Benjaminsince90 02-19-2012 02:02 PM

is there another place in the block where coolant runs besides the head or cylinder walls? its seems like it dumping coolant somewhere to cause it to not start. oil was pretty milky. i don't really want to take it to a mechanic cause i don't have the money. but i might have to.

Benjaminsince90 02-20-2012 02:46 PM

Damn no one knows?

Slammed96 02-20-2012 04:39 PM

Does the truck have an oil cooler in the radiator?

nonnieselman 02-20-2012 04:42 PM

Did you check the fuel pressure?
if it had 5psi it will shoot some out of the shrader valve.. i think for an 05 it needs 55 psi?

From there id check fuses for the PCM or hook up a scanner or something to check for codes.

Benjaminsince90 02-20-2012 09:23 PM

im not sure if it has an oil cooler in the radiator. and no i didn't check the pressure.. i don't know what a shrader valve. but that still wouldn't explain the coolant in the oil. thats my next step. take it to a mechanic and pull codes. just to let u know how much i put in was a whole bottle on an almost empty tank, i know it was dumb. but i dont think it would have the power to crack the block so much the truck wont start.

1FastBrick 02-20-2012 10:26 PM

:sigh: To start with you posted your question in the wrong section of the forum.

As far as your coolant in the oil, Which head castings do you have???
If it is 706 You have a cracked head. There is a TSB on this very issue.

As far as it not starting there are several possible causes, But we we need more information.

Are there any check engine light Codes present???
Do you have proper fuel pressure???
Do you have spark???
Do you have good compression???
Do you have good oil pressure???

Benjaminsince90 02-21-2012 04:36 PM

yea its 706 i looked for cracks could not see any. ohh and srry like i said im new. i have spark, i have yet to check other things. what more info do you need?