Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

03 Dash lite problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Dash lite problem

The Dash lites and Radio/A/C cluster lights stay On, though I can dim them with the Dimmer on the Headlight switch. I unplug the headlight switch and everything works normally, Until I press on the brake pedal. Then the dash lights are back on ?

Possible Headlight switch ? All fuses are ok.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:54 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by silverado2003
The Dash lites and Radio/A/C cluster lights stay On, though I can dim them with the Dimmer on the Headlight switch. I unplug the headlight switch and everything works normally, Until I press on the brake pedal. Then the dash lights are back on ?

Possible Headlight switch ? All fuses are ok.
i had a crazy similar situation, mice made a nest in fuse box under hood and pissed on everything shorting stuff out
Old 10-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Been there seen that as Mice or ? chewed on the Cruise enable wire... ]

In disconnecting the Headlight switch again, I can get the dash lights to reset sometimes, not all the time. I seen that with the headlight switch Disconnected, the Dash/Radio lights are always ON. Also when turning off Key, Radio is still on no matter if dimmer has Dash lights dimmed or not ?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:21 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It was a 2003 2500 I had the problem on, it always drained battery over a couple hrs, then a no start happened, realized dash was staying on along with a lot of other components- when finally finding the issue the headlights would stay on also when connecting the battery. Basically everything came on without the key in the ignition

fuse box was $5xx from dealer

on the underside of it, was corrosion on all the terminals (sorry nest was under the box, not just under the cover, sorry for confusion)
Old 10-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Finally fixed the problem. Ordered a Headlight switch to try and sure enuff, fixed the problem !