Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

1999 rcsb GMC (rough shape)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 1999 rcsb GMC (rough shape) SOLD!

Guy's got another one lol, black in color with tan interior, 200k miles, sle (pwr locks windows etc) 5.3, factory locker ( got to check the gear code), flowmasters, with that said the truck is rough, paint is old and scratched up, dent in rear quarter, interior is also rough, could be cleaned I believe, but the dam thing runs good and is strong, I just don't need it right now, also needs to be aligned and probably some front end parts, not sugar coating anything guy's, it is a fog light truck and they do work and the ac has some new parts and blows cold, $4500.00 obo, located in south AL, I'll get some pics if there is any interest. just hit me up here. THANKS!

Last edited by fillpot; 01-26-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Here's some pics, been doing a little work to it.
Attached Thumbnails 1999 rcsb GMC (rough shape)-photo-1-.jpg   1999 rcsb GMC (rough shape)-photo-1.jpg   1999 rcsb GMC (rough shape)-photo-2.jpg   1999 rcsb GMC (rough shape)-photo.jpg  
Old 07-22-2016, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Damn i wish i had $4500, but first thing to gonwould be that tan interior!!!
Old 07-23-2016, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks man, got a long story about the truck I'm going to post tomorrow!
Old 07-25-2016, 02:09 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Post it up. I'd like to hear the story and see some much better photos of it. May be able to help you get rid of it.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Ok here goes, seen the truck on craigslist, it was advertised as having a lq9 in it, so go look at the truck, kid said he just bought it and it was just to fast for him lol, said he got it from a shop near by and that they had done the swap, so truck looks rough at first site, factory paint and interior is filthy, drive the truck can tell the front end is shot but the dam thing runs good and was pretty quick, so i buy the dam thing against my better judgment, on the way home get to thinking something just don't add up, get home and the first thing i notice it's got 862s on it, then pull the power steering bracket and it's a 5.3, why the hell i didn't check this before i bought it i don't no. any way call the kid back he doesn't no **** so he says, just what the shop told him, now he can't remember the guy's name or the name of the shop ( yea right, didn't get a bill of sale just the title my dumb *** ) now he doesn"t have the money to give back to me, so this rolls on for a week or two and i start doing some investigating, turns on the truck was for sale on craigslist for 2k just three days before i bought it, now i get a hold to the shop that done the work on the truck, turns out it's a 5.3 out of a van! So now ***** getting real, I call the guy he's still saying ( well that's what they told me it was a 6.0) any way i'm so pissed now i can't even talk to the guy so i get the girl friend on the phone with him she's trying to be calm with'em trying to get a straight answer but that doesn't work either. So another week or so goes by and he want return my text or phone calls, so i call him from my land line and he answers like were best friends lol, he wants the number to the shop that i found and pics of the truck to see what I've done to it, the dam crazy dude see's the pics and says man i got to have it back just got to have it, I'm on a job and I'll be back in two weeks will you hold it for me lol, This dude screwed the crap out of me and now wants to to best friends lol!

Any way back to the truck, turns out with a little cleaning and tinkering the truck is not that bad,I installed new upper control arms and one wheel bearing, had the interior detailed, they cut the y-pipe into and had two thirty year old flowmasters hanging down, i replaced the y-pipe with one i had and put a single flowmaster on it, it's got new a/c stuff ( drier etc and i think compressor) the paint is thin on the roof and the worst part is the dent in the rear quarter, I'm going to be working on the paint and the dent to see if i can help it some, also put the 20's on it with like new 285/50/20's but the clear is coming off the wheels, man the truck runs good no codes no abs lights etc,cold air, oh yea going to be re tinting the windows to.

Now with all this said i knew better and should have left the truck where it was, i've been around these trucks for years, and got a lq4 sitting in my shop with 317's and for some reason just lost my mind i guess, i paid $3900 for the truck, and going to have a lot more in it, if it don't sell I'll just lower it, put my set of declads on it and throw in the lq4.

Sorry for the long post guys just needed to rant a little lol! By the way I'll post up some better pics when the weather breaks. THANKS!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fillpot
Here's some pics, been doing a little work to it.
Dang wish you were closer i like the looks of that truck.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Guy's been driving the truck everyday and actually it's not a bad truck at all, even took it to the track Sunday and went 10.10 in the 1/8 lol, I guess take off the 20's and some better air probably run in the 9's, about the same as most stockers, just needs a bed side and the roof painted and it would make a nice truck, any way going to drop the price to 4k. THANKS!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:15 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

sell it back to him with a 4.8.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
sell it back to him with a 4.8.
....for $6000

Quick Reply: 1999 rcsb GMC (rough shape)