We've had a good run...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default We've had a good run...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it's time for her to go.

My 2000 ECSB needs a new home these days since we've considered starting a family, I'll be getting the reg cab and she wants something bigger.

Specs:
2000 Extended Cab, Short Bed 2WD 3door cab
Interior-
Dual power front seats
Full center console
Full overhead console
Rear A/C
Alpine head unit
Infinity replacement speakers all around
Pioneer 12" sub under back seat
Infinity amplifier
(will throw in my two Infinity 10's)
Alpine iPod interface (routed to the rear of the glovebox)
5% tint all the way around over factory smoked glass
5% eyebrow
CF interior trim (very subtle, and can be easily removed but goes well with the grey interior)

Drivetrain-
Chassis has 150K miles
2003 4.8 long-block with 120K (stock, unmodded, except for CAI, LS1 fans and my tuning) about to have a fresh set of TR55 plugs and wires within the week.
34" GM radiator
A/C is nice and cold
2004 4L80E stock rebuild with a couple valebody mods 15K
2004 Z71 rear axle with GM 3.73s 105K (has tru-trac installed)
Exhaust is manifolds, stock Y pipe with gutted cats, stock intermediate pipe with 14" magnaflow dumped before the axle. It's very quiet and sounds really nice.

The truck has a large trans cooler setup which consists of case fittings adapters, -6AN hose to 1/2" hose adapters and a very large trans cooler from a 6.0L Powerstroke diesel. It's literally as big as the a/c condensor. The trans has never seen over 125 in Houston traffic in 100+ ambient temps.

Suspension-
Stock V6 softride rear springs with an S-10 overload leaf installed. KYB monomax shocks. This spring setup retains a good bit of towing capacity and rides perfect IMO, I can swap to a different overload at buyers request. I also have stock Z71 lift blocks and u bolts I can install if the buyer wants.
The front is stock coils with a 2" spacer to level it and pretty new Bilstien shocks. Brakes have been replaced with new pads and rotors on all 4 wheels in the past couple months. No shakes, stops great.
Has Factory 17" aluminum wheels with 265/70 Toyo Open Country H/T's
I also have a couple other sets to choose from.

Exterior-
Storm Grey Metallic/Pewter two tone factory paint.
Tahoe Grille with painted Bowtie
Painted handles and bezels
Chrome bumpers front and rear
04 tails (lightly smoked along with the 3rd light)
6000K HID high beams
8000K HID low beams
Emblems have been removed all around.
Glass is good, windshield has two very small chips, no cracks or runs.

There's most all the good stuff off the top of my head, now for the not so good LOL

Body has a few dents/dings as you could expect from a 12yr old truck, all the light scratches that can be buffed out will be. Carpet has some stains but could easily be removed and pressure washed, I just haven't had the motivation to jerk all the interior out of it to do so. The lower ball joints are starting to get some slack but before it's sold, they will be replaced with Moog joints and realigned.

Overall the truck is mechanically sound and I wouldnt hesitate to get in it and drive it anywhere, rides great, stops great and goes great. I'm DD'ing it right now and if it doesn't sell, my wife will be, while we look for something else.

This truck is already setup for plenty of Hp... It's just an engine swap away from a reliable truck that's also as fast as you want to make it.

**** I also have a throttle body to oil pan 05 LQ4 that I will let go with the truck for an additional 1,000**** I am willing to work out something with the buyer on installing it and tuning it if they'd like as well.

Clear/clean title is in hand, waiting to sign it over

I'm asking $5,000 OBO for this truck. Please don't throw me any ridiculous offers. I believe my asking price is fair, but there is a little wiggle room.

Pics will be posted in a few days after I have a chance to really work on getting her cleaned up. Most of you know what the truck looks like.

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 06-17-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a nice truck. I just saw it a week ago. I wish I was in the position to buy one. Maybe I should sell my reg cab to buy yours!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Thanks Jeremy. I really don't want to pass it on but it'll make someone a good truck for sure. I'm the second owner. I bought it in Hampton, Virginia in 2004 and have had it since. Someone needs it more than I do now I'm sure.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so if it doesnt sell youre gonna sell the wife?

quote: I'm DD'ing it right now and if it doesn't sell, my wife will be, unquote: youre dead man if she reads this lmao!!

good luck friend, should go rather quick!! i know what the wife is getting

very clean truck, runs great!!! seen it numerous times!!
Old 05-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Thanks David were still going back and forth between getting a Tahoe/Yukon or a crewcab truck. Whatever it is needs to be an 07+, and obviously in good shape. Id like to get a truck so it's a bit cheaper, and the fact that I still need a truck for a truck. I won't mod whatever we get past maybe a tune and a muffler or something.. I wanna keep it pretty stock for her to drive.

Like I said, I'll have the reg cab to play with. I won't need to jack with anything else.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:21 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Throw some pics up already!!
Good luck with the sale!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dam bro i would love to buy stuff from you, you are going to fix/replace stuff as needed and also will help in a engine swap ?!! Damn ! Thats good salesmanship there people!!!

Also a 1000 bucks for that LQ4 is a great buy !

GLWS.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

I'll have some up this week Julien. You wanna ext cab?
Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking for a D-Max actually but I know of some people looking for trucks as well. Will link this to them, just pics always help ya know!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for you buddy! For anyone wondering if this truck is a dog (4.8/4l80e). It's actually pretty quick in my opinion. That is dirt cheap too!

Quick Reply: We've had a good run...