THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Well i just completely alienated my own beliefs....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Id drive the hell outta that..dents mean no worries
The following users liked this post:
arthursc2 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 08:07 PM
On The Tree

Default Coolant filled iac

Id drive the hell outta that..dents mean no worries
....theres 3 chambers to a iac. The one with coolant can leak into the other ones and or carbon blowby buildup what not can freeze up the iac valve..300 dollars from honda.. Or wd40 and some slip pliers can work.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah i just havent had time to pull the tb off to get to the iac to clean it and see if it helsp at all
Old 06-20-2018, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Yeah i just havent had time to pull the tb off to get to the iac to clean it and see if it helsp at all
just pull the intake boot from the throttle body and air box and plug the iat up to the unhooked intake tube. Look in the throttle body after you start it and cover the port in front of the throttle blade. If restricting that air helps its probaly stuck wide open. Then you can either pull the throttle body or look for another cause i guess
Old 06-21-2018, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

So i finally got time last night to go over to my buddy’s house who has a vacuum pump and guages and a few bottles of freon, and figured out the high side schrader valve wasnt even actually screwed in and the low side schrader valve was a valve from a tire stem, got those changed out and then found out the evaporator or expansion valve are leaking pretty bad, so i pulled the intake while i was there, plugged the iac port in the tb and it died, so i pulled the tb and pulled the iac off to find it would barely move, found a can of non chlorinated brake clean and cleaned it up got it moving quite freely, put it back together and back on the throttle body, and the idle is now high as hell and surges all the time now not just at idle in park, ordered a new one for &40 from amazon, should be here tomorrow, i have also noticed the highest i have ever seen the coolant temp is 167 and .9-1.0v so i am going to get one tomorrow and throw it in and see what happens......
Old 06-25-2018, 12:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just a little update still havent dont anything with the iac yet, but i was able to get ahold of an evaporator out of a 2000 civic which the case bolts up and would have a provision for a cabin filter if i hadnt left the cover in the car at the junkyard.... evaporator was leaking pretty good....

Just a little gunked up

And a slight leak
Old 06-25-2018, 12:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wound up changing the expansion valve on the evaporator from the junkyard, and i now have coolish air coming from the vents.... not necessarily cold air but a far cry from what it was the other day.... the compressor actually kicks on at this point...

My temporary cabin filter/evaporator access door, i ended up using the case and all from the pick n pull evaporator

Wpudlnt normally buy ac parts used, but for the price ws worth it to have somehwat cold ac at this point....!if anyone was wondering i tried tonuse the stock hounsing but the new evapaortor was smooth on the top and bottom but the factory one had tubes sticking out

In case anyone ing

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 06-25-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

So... got my ac charged up, holding 30inhg, filled freon, oldschool can and guages no machine available at the time.... the high side starts climbing when the clutch engages and hits about 350psi and the low side falls to damn near nothing, compressor sounds like garbage, which may in part be me needing to bump the idle up a couple hundred rpms since replacing the iac valve the surging is basically gone, still a few hiccups here and there but overall runs much better, now to get this ac right, pick n pull is gonna be my friend on this one..... $300 car is not getting a $230 ac compressor, and $60 condenser.. ill pay 42 for compressor and 22 for the condensor
Old 06-29-2018, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok i am out of ideas on this damn car.... replaced iacv and tb gasket have no vacuum leaks replaced ect sensor because it wouldnt show the ecm anything over 165*f and .9-1v.... clear the p0505 out of it, drive it home drove it all over the place running around at night(dont want to be home right now) no check engine light comes on....i go to get on the intersate the next morning to go to work and by the third exit after i get on the check engine light comes back on...

Ac compressor i know isnt in the greatest shape, but it doesnt matter if it is on or off, but when it is on at idle it short cycles bad

Last edited by Wolftrk99; 06-29-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2018, 06:45 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Was it an OEM or an aftermarket IAC valve?

Guessing aftermarket for the price.

Been a while since I worked on one of those cars...

Does that model have an Idle air screw on the throttle body?

Quick Reply: Well i just completely alienated my own beliefs....