THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Teslas are fast.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How is it useless just because they aren't being targeted to those that don't need them? Do you consider chemotherapy useless just because you don't need it?

I am not disagreeing that battery technology is in its primitive stages but if it wasn't for Musk, there wouldn't be a push for improvement of this technology whatsoever. Tesla has done more to better this technology in their short existence than would have been done in decades without them.

I am no high end rich boy although I won't lie, I admire Elon so you can call me a fanboy I guess. He is the type of visionary this world needs to make advancements across many sectors.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

No..... the real Tesla ( like Nikola) where the name came from did more for the world and electricity than this car manufacturer ever will accomplish. You think electric cars and consumer devices are the only thing that use batteries and thus would benefit from better energy storage? With or without this car company energy storage technology is evolving... and without them entirely it's evolving at a quick pace...... has been for long before they existed. Tesla will benefit from this evolution.... that's a fact. I see this stuff in a broader industrial based spectrum maybe..... I dunno. I just see these cars as tinker toys..... just better packaged than their predecessors so they may appeal to a broader market. You create energy one way or another.... whether its out your tailpipe or increased load, thus up the stack of a plant somewhere.... just rob peter to pay paul..... not much changes. I don't mind the idea of the internal combustion engine not being the major mover.... but Tesla motors will likely not be the creator of that..... Who says I don't need chemotherapy...... that type of narrow minded I don't need it mindset you imply is not the even remotely the point of my argument. But if you like them.... cool.... save up and buy one!

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 11-03-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:16 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

300 miles on a charge doesnt seem horrible to me. every time they release a new car, that number gets better while making more power.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:23 AM
Launching!

Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that Nikola is the real OG, why do you think they named the company Tesla? And I am not just talking about Tesla. I am referring to Musk's companies in general, SpaceX, SolarCity, HyperLoop, and Tesla are all pushing the boundaries in each of their markets.

Without a push from the consumer side you won't get much out of anything so them making it available in products attainable to the public is pushing this technology at a far faster pace. Do you think the average Joe cares what the military or medical sectors are using batteries for? No. They don't.

Now that chemo example was just what happened to pop in my head at the time but you get the point. If you do need it, god bless and good luck bud.
Old 11-03-2016, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
300 miles on a charge doesnt seem horrible to me. every time they release a new car, that number gets better while making more power.
Not horrible at alll, that's more than enough to get me where I need to go even living in deserted *** SWKS.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2KRedSilverado
Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that Nikola is the real OG, why do you think they named the company Tesla? And I am not just talking about Tesla. I am referring to Musk's companies in general, SpaceX, SolarCity, HyperLoop, and Tesla are all pushing the boundaries in each of their markets.

Without a push from the consumer side you won't get much out of anything so them making it available in products attainable to the public is pushing this technology at a far faster pace. Do you think the average Joe cares what the military or medical sectors are using batteries for? No. They don't.

Now that chemo example was just what happened to pop in my head at the time but you get the point. If you do need it, god bless and good luck bud.
Totally missing the mark on every single comment... like not even on the same page or even talking about the same things. The Tesla is just another toy and no they won't create energy storage advancements. .. no more than your consumer junk does. The industrial side of the world will create it... and it just trickles down to consumers like anything else.

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 11-03-2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1994Vmax
Totally missing the mark on every single comment... like not even on the same page or even talking about the same things. The Tesla is just another toy and no they won't create energy storage advancements. .. no more than your consumer junk does. The industrial side of the world will create it... and it just trickles down to consumers like anything else.
Yeah they won't make any energy storage advancements cause they aren't building things like the Gigafactory, solar roof panels, or the Powerwall home batteries. How blind can you be? Stick to your fossil fuels bud, the fumes are getting to you.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Launching!

But back to the OP, yes Tesla's are indeed fast.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 11-03-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2KRedSilverado
Yeah they won't make any energy storage advancements cause they aren't building things like the Gigafactory, solar roof panels, or the Powerwall home batteries. How blind can you be? Stick to your fossil fuels bud, the fumes are getting to you.
I can't write this in a way you understand obviously so I just won't bother from here on in. All that tech you think magically came about comes from technology created to make industry more efficient.... thus they make more money! The only blind person here is you.... or just uneducated on the topic maybe is the better term. The consumer side you talk about is just a trickle down effect ...... This is pathetic.... buy a Tesla already.

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 11-03-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Teslas are fast.