THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

rc jet boat project

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmchevyman
LOL that sucks. You know what they do on the nitro rc boats / trucks right? Find a large sized party balloon and fit your ESC inside of it then you can keep it water tight by putting a plastic zip tie over the end. No water or very little should get in.
I would have done that but the esc was getting hot and probably would have melted the ballon or i would have hit thermal shutdown on the esc. In this app i really need a water cooled esc.. Nice deep V btw
Old 11-03-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
I would have done that but the esc was getting hot and probably would have melted the ballon or i would have hit thermal shutdown on the esc. In this app i really need a water cooled esc.. Nice deep V btw
Yeah it might of got too hot on a non water cooled esc. You can do it to the receiver though with the balloon trick and it won't get hot of course. Some Nitro rc trucks come stock with the balloons around the receivers. Sometimes some boats have a water tight compartment to put your electronics in. You can make a compartment out of light abs plastic in a box shape and make it water tight around the corners with epoxy or hot glue. Now if you want an access panel it takes a little more thought.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice and really awesome toys.RC boats are a popular branch of the RC toy craze.
RC boats come is a wide variety of styles ranging from small and leisurely to fast and furious. Thanks for Sharing.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

walmart sells watertight plastic cases for your phone/wallet, etc. in the camping dept that i have used to put the electronics in. they work great, and they come in a few different sizes