THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

New A/C-HEAT System for the Garage

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 05:07 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts
Default New A/C-HEAT System for the Garage

So last week my Sanyo mini split a/c - heat system gave up the ghost after 14 years of flawless service . The ole truck just can't sleep well in a hot humid garage... she's picky and moody like that. Seeing that it's now a year into the LQ9 build and she hasn't left me on the side of the road broken down, I bought her a new system

The old Sanyo was an 18,000 BTU and did quite well. The replacement is a MRCOOL DIY 24,000 system that is much more efficient at 16 SEER compared to the old 10 SEER systems rating.

Since I already had the electrical and the hole in the wall for the refrigerant lines the install was super easy, around 3 hours. With these DIY units there is no need for a HAVC guy as the system is precharged. You do have to find a place for the extra length of refrigerant lines. I just coiled them up and hung them on a cheap garden hose hanger behind the unit.

It did have a shipping dent in the outdoor unit in which I received a $200 refund... just cosmetic damage

It cools great and has an app for controlling when you're away from the garage. It also works with Amazon Alexa... "Alexa set MRCOOL to 75 degrees" "Alexa turn off MRCOOL" The app also has geo fencing so it will turn off or on depending the app/phone's location. So like on the way home from work, once inside the predetermined "fence" it will automatically turn on the garage's a/c or heat or vice versa when leaving the fence

New A/C-HEAT System for the Garage-qnecasj.jpg

New A/C-HEAT System for the Garage-gxkohly.jpg

You can see the dent lol

New A/C-HEAT System for the Garage-ikddsed.jpg

Old unit did great for 14 years

New A/C-HEAT System for the Garage-vylftnh.jpg
Old 06-24-2019, 06:01 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks similar to a Bosch or LG unit- was the Lineset pre charged? That why you coiled it up?