PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   THE TRUCK STOP (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/)
-   -   I hate walking into Cavenders (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/i-hate-walking-into-cavenders-496399/)

wheeliE-maxx 02-04-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SloStepSide (Post 4861182)
I hated my doc martin steel toes, tried a couple different brands. I went with these, wolverine raider multishox contour welt, around $180, but to me money is no matter when it comes to feet. This was the first pair i could spend 8+ hours on my feet and them not be killing me when i got off work.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...uegmc/boot.jpg

Yep. Size 14's are going to be big, but my doc martins are way too chunky and thick for ship work and my clumsy ass. Not very comfortable either. Any experience with Justin (cowboy looking) steel toes?

726.0chevelle 02-05-2012 09:32 AM

I just bought a pair of dm's and no complaints so far. Im always on my feet 11 hour days since the first of the year with only 4 days off so far ~ $95 not a bad deal Doc Martens FUSION Steel Toe Industrial Chelsea Boots 7B86 Bark

00ChevyScott 02-05-2012 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by 726.0chevelle (Post 4861431)
I just bought a pair of dm's and no complaints so far. Im always on my feet 11 hour days since the first of the year with only 4 days off so far ~ $95 not a bad deal Doc Martens FUSION Steel Toe Industrial Chelsea Boots 7B86 Bark

I don't do it everyday, but I stand anywhere between 5 to 11 hours a day at work. Used to wear New Balance running shoes and my back was always killing me. Decided to try wearing a good pair of work boots and my back stopped hurting. It took a little while for my feet to get used to wearing boots, and it's much different walking in them lol, but overall I think they're much better. I haven't even put on a pair of tennis shoes in a few months now. The new boots I bought are lighter than the work boots, but the heel on them is much taller, so it's going to take some getting used to.

SloStepSide 02-05-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by 726.0chevelle (Post 4861431)

No doubt there comfortable , but man if you ever get them wet that soft leather will stretch out bad, then they will become extremly uncomfortable. That was my experience with them. They just didnt hold up that long for me.

726.0chevelle 02-05-2012 11:08 AM

Oh i am not banking on getting a ton of time out of them i usually get wolverine composite toes so i can get through the metal detectors easy at work (nuclear plant) and my wolverines were shot and there isnt any good boot stores here in south florida.

texasglock23 02-05-2012 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx (Post 4861221)
Yep. Size 14's are going to be big, but my doc martins are way too chunky and thick for ship work and my clumsy ass. Not very comfortable either. Any experience with Justin (cowboy looking) steel toes?

Ship work? I can tell you what NOT to wear. My Bates and Belleville boots were horrible. I had a pair for DM work boots and loved them, but they wore on the soles too fast. My Georgia Boots are comfy as hell.

tarinitup 02-05-2012 01:29 PM

Does cavenders carry these boots?
Behind The Seams - Mexican Pointy Boots - YouTube

texasglock23 02-05-2012 01:44 PM

I still don't get it...why?

726.0chevelle 02-05-2012 02:03 PM

lol how do you drive your car with those boots on? I guess a manual trans is out of the question

f4tal 02-05-2012 03:07 PM

I bought me a pair of Double H's about a month ago. I only wear them when i dress up or go out to the bar or something. I hate wearing my $190 pair of boots everyday and im going to make these things last as long as possible haha