THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Grown up talk... OGTFO.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You can do the same thing with right woman. If a woman tries to change you or keep you from doing what you want, you shouldn't be with them. I'm just too hard headed to have someone tell me what to do.
Yes very true.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to come up with something that hasn't already been said.

Get closer with your good friends, and turn some acquaintances into friends. Keep yourself surrounded with things and people that you enjoy. Everyone is right about the bar and nightclub scene. The chances of meeting someone there that's really worth the time and effort are low at best. Honestly, after a relationship that long and how it ended, it's not a bad idea to take some time to yourself. Re-evaluate some things, and take this head on. Once you've done that, and have given yourself closure on what's happened, you'll be that much better off.

It's better that you end up single now at 27 than divorced at 33. Go out with your friends, (I personally enjoy bonfires), going camping and/or boating are always fun... who knows, maybe your buddies will bring a few girls with them some night, which could be all it takes.

Like the others have said though... don't go out looking, because when you're looking too hard, you may miss what passes right in front of your face.

Also, keep in mind, you've got a bunch of guys on this forum that would give you the shirt off their back. There's a group of people on here that I consider family more than "those guys on the forum"... hell, my girlfriend calls you all my "boyfriends" ... haven't had the heart to tell her that there are women on here too.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I dont think any of us are strangers to the feelings you have every day. We have all been there before, and we can all give you advice till we're blue in the face... but the bottom line is you will move on and get over this at your own pace. As hard as it seems, you WILL get over it, and when you do you will wonder why it brought you down so much. Until then, you gotta distract yourself and do things that you love and bring you happiness. Get your buddies off their asses, find some new buddies, whatever or whoever it is you need an outlet for sure. I think for a lot of us on here our trucks are more than a hobby, its a place to turn your focus when it seems like almost everything else is falling appart. It's powerful stuff.

Good luck man, keep your head up, try to stay positive, and push forward. It only gets easier.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ill go against the grain and say you can find good women at clubs. Just has to be the right ones. For me a country **** kicker so going to the dancehalls there are generally better quality women there values wise(generally) so its more of a target rich environment if youre looking for a good one to keep. I met my wife at a dancehall, she was with her dad and a friend. Danced with her a few times over the course of a couple weeks, got her number and the rest is history. I suppose all Im saying is dont discount the environment youre in for finding a good women. Theyre everywhere, theyre just hard to recognize sometimes. I wasnt looking for a wife, just fun and dancing. Got to talking to her, few dates later I got to know her and went from there.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dmelvin hit the nail on the head. Better it happened now at 27 than devorced at 33 with a child in the mix... try and look at the positive side everything. Surround yourself with what makes you happy. Dont get depressed. Thats a long dark road thats hard to get out of. A lot of people on here are much more than just "some guys on a forum" as mentioned in another post. If you need to vent, dont hesitate man, people are here for ya
Old 08-14-2012, 01:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a relationship that went from late high school, and lasted a few years. She did the lie, cheat, grovel, take her back scenario many times. I was naive, and in hindsight pretty stupid. We were engaged, gonna settle down, etc etc. when I finally told the bitch to get bent (way later than I should have). It sucked for a long time. But in the mean time I figured out what I REALLY wanted in a partner. More importantly, I figured out more about myself. I decided I would never let speaking my mind be a bad thing. If something has me uneasy, I speak it. I'm honest out loud to a fault some times.

I have been married to my wife for a little over 6 years now. Been together for almost nine. We have a beautiful daughter, and another on the way. Life is great. And I didn't "go looking for a wife". It just happened.

You will look back on this portion of your life, and be glad it happened. The **** that you are going through right now will eventually make you a better man in the long run. I know it did for me.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ever been Bow fishing????

Hours and hours of entertainment...

sorry had to throw that in there.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the support and sharing some personal stories guys. For a group of gear heads some you all maybe alright after all.

I'll be alright and thanks for some good input. It's one day at a time, headed home next week to spend some time with family. Really looking forward to that and seeing some old HS friends.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Where is home?
Old 08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Southern Ohio, Wilmington... It's about 45 minutes north of Cincinnati. A few friends want me to bring the boat, but I don't think I can afford it lol. It's about 1300 miles round trip.

Quick Reply: Grown up talk... OGTFO.