THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Grown up talk... OGTFO.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, and don't forget to buy stuff. I bought my Joe Gibbs when I left that girl. Nothing makes you feel better than buying something you don't need.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 132 Likes on 87 Posts

I hate to hear of your breakup. Although it is hard to swallow, there has been some good advice given so far. My addition to that is don't go out looking for a relationship. At 27 you are still young so just go out and have some fun. When you meet the right one, everything will fall into place.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All you can really do is look at the positives and move on. Easier said than done but it helps. I moved out right after HS with my GF, I started working 7 days a week(didnt make **** back then) to get ahead and provide for us. Well her being an apt leasing consultant, hot and having plenty of idle time on her hands since I was working so much didnt bode well for our relationship. I took her back, had the same problems like you and I moved on. I moved three states away for an internship, learned a bunch of **** and landed the job I have now. Had I not had the drive from that relationship to get on with my life I wouldnt be where I am 6 years later with an awesome wife, great 2 year old son and everything I really need. Of course theres more I want but Ive got all I need and am very happy.

Youll get there too, keep your friends close and dive deep into what makes you happy. So get your truck together and go do a nice long burnout, sign up for more stuff at work if thats what you like. Just keep busy. Set goals and dive head-long into them. Thats what got me going, knowing I wasnt sitting back in the era of my ex, I was moving forward and better off without her.

Good luck man, itll get better. Youve got a badass boat, fast *** truck and youre young, Im sure youll be just fine.

If you make your way to Texas I can hook you up with some good ole fashion women who'll treat you right. Youre going to need to learn how to 2-step and adjust the wardrobe a bit though
Old 08-12-2012, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i feel ya buddy, i just got out of a 3 year due to lies as well, and all last year was absolute rock bottom everything. but **** gets better, i've just met someone new and shes a total keeper. things will get better it just takes time bud. chin up!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know I was about 95% against posting something like this, pride likely the main hurdle. But I just wanted to be real and upfront and i'm glad I did. This is one of those times it's just shitty. Plain and simple. ****. My plans and future I worked 7 days a week for... Gone...

Big picture for me is I guess I felt like I went thru the man *****'n days in my early 20's and I was ready for next step in life. Now? well i'm lost as to think about flirting and dating again. Each day I deal with being pissed, sad, then mad..repeat....

Staying busy has helped and learning i'm not alone goes a long way. Even so, some days are a lot tougher then others.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:34 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hang in there bro , it sucks now but It won't for long.
The girl for you will show up when the time is right.

Keep doin what your doin and enjoy life, it will all work out,
Cheaters are no good and have no room in your life man.

Good luck Rob ! This place is more than just trucks, it's a brotherhood!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like everyone said bro it'll only get better,just wrench away on the sweet ride ya got and things will fall into place.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand your sadness and feeling lost. I got divorced almost 5 years ago now. I luckily was over her *** long before I left then filed. I still felt alone at times wondering how do I meets girls that are OK with, me being divorced with 3 kids. I got lucky and met an awesome girl not too long after.

The up side to being single is now you can go have fun! Just don't look too hard or you will never find someone. It might not be right away but you will meet someone when you least expect it. Friends of friends is a great way. Hell for you all it should take is a drive of the truck and boat down by the ice cream shop. Should have 5 girls in the cab and bed of the truck in about 5 min! haha

Good luck and everything will work out.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like others have said, just keep your head up and mind off of it staying busy with other stuff. I'm right behind you at 26. I was with a girl on and off for 6 years, engaged, all that BS. She left me several times in those 6 years, and I always took her back. We got a house together, and then things finally fell apart for the final time. I still own the house with her name on it, and from the reading I've done the only way to get her off the house is through a refinance and that will be difficult alone, especially when I feel I am upside down on the home in this market. She tried to come back one final time, I boned her once more, then told her off. She is now dating a childhood friend of mine, and as long as I don't have to be around either of them I could care less, I'm better off. She was a bitch. I stayed busy as well, knocked out my bachelors and masters degree, worked hard, hang out with buddies and try to have a good time. Here lately I've had thoughts similar to yours, in that I want to meet the one and enjoy the companionship that goes along with it, but I've realized it's pointless to try, things will fall into place and I can't rush it. Keep on keeping on, and things will get better.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man up stairs:-) keep your head up broth a

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grown up talk... OGTFO.