THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

GPS Device for our trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by someotherguy
Thief sees something plugged into the diag port when they get in, I'd be willing to bet they just ****** the plug out.

If this is a feature of your alarm or the unit looks even a little bit like an alarm, it will be snatched out by the thief.

My point is that whatever device you choose must be hidden really well, not have easily detectable wiring, and be powered by a source that isn't obvious to a thief as they go digging around looking for devices to disable. That's supposed to be what Lojack gets you but I think by now a lot of people know how to disable it.

Richard
Mine is a module hidden behind the instrument cluster, dont even have a flashing light in the truck to indicate an alarm... Only down side is the rats nest of wires under the knee bolster.... But again nothing is exposed...
Old 04-25-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS is anti theft

Im using the coyote from track your truck. I've actually had my truck stolen before with this tracker on it by some punk kid. It's funny cause when it happened my first thought wasn't even calling the cops (not sure how helpful that would have been) but i ended up calling the company cause obviously finding your own truck or car is the first line of defense. But they had the location of it and then I called the cops who were able to help me after that point.

Kid just like ditched my truck in a parking lot door open