THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

ecoboost f150

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It also has direct injection if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Aggie09
ummm how bout a 6.2? they seem to run 14's even in C/C form
thats kinda what i was getting at. they twin turbo a 6 cyl. i could turbo a 6.0 or 6.2 and get alot more than 420ft lbs at the flywheel and run faster than mid 14s in my cc
Old 01-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Sierra2
thats kinda what i was getting at. they twin turbo a 6 cyl. i could turbo a 6.0 or 6.2 and get alot more than 420ft lbs at the flywheel and run faster than mid 14s in my cc
No doubt, but I think they want decent fuel mileage also. They didnt build it as a drag truck.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kciSS05
Hahaaha idk about the 6.0 part. And its sad ford always has to boost their motors to keep up with gm's na motors! Hahaha oh well that's why they will always be second! As for this ecoboost. Kind of a bad idea if you think about it. A small motor with turbos trucks are about torque if you use them for a truck. Small motor with a turbo naw I will pass for a dmax if that's the case! Hahaha
You're an idiot. Turbo=Torque. I've seen very mild Dodge 2.2 Turbos make 360 ft lbs.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackcash
You're an idiot. Turbo=Torque. I've seen very mild Dodge 2.2 Turbos make 360 ft lbs.
There's a difference between torque from a large cube engine/supercharger and torque from a turbo

Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up 4200 Vortec Turbo....... Please build it

Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy
There's a difference between torque from a large cube engine/supercharger and torque from a turbo

You are correct, in most cases a roots/screw based supercharger will reach 90% of it's maximum torque band sooner than/ with a higher average value than will a turbo charged engine (same displacement between the two), provided it has the appropriate camshaft specs. Implementation of multiple technologies such as Variable Geometry trubines, quick-spool valves, and twin/sequential turbo charging are coming close if not beating larger displacement engines in the power versus efficiency category.

I'd like to see GM bring back the 4200 I6 as turbocharged model for trucks/suvs. Add VVT to the Intake camshaft, and design a good turbo manifold for a single Variable Geometry Ball Bearing turbo with cold side compressor modulation. That would get the torque pumped up in a hurry, set it up to run WELL between 8-10 PSI, so that aftermarket could be tuned up more at the owners risk/fuel choice (E85?). Using the LNF 2.0 numbers for torque, realizing that the boost pressure I said above will be less than what the LNF runs, and taking into account the Longer stroke of the LL8, I'd be willing to bet you could see 610 lbft of torque out of that combination (at the flywheel). That would be an EcoBoost killer for sure. I'd take on of those with a 6L90E in my next ECSB 4x4 in a heart beat.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
You are correct, in most cases a roots/screw based supercharger will reach 90% of it's maximum torque band sooner than/ with a higher average value than will a turbo charged engine (same displacement between the two), provided it has the appropriate camshaft specs. Implementation of multiple technologies such as Variable Geometry trubines, quick-spool valves, and twin/sequential turbo charging are coming close if not beating larger displacement engines in the power versus efficiency category.

I'd like to see GM bring back the 4200 I6 as turbocharged model for trucks/suvs. Add VVT to the Intake camshaft, and design a good turbo manifold for a single Variable Geometry Ball Bearing turbo with cold side compressor modulation. That would get the torque pumped up in a hurry, set it up to run WELL between 8-10 PSI, so that aftermarket could be tuned up more at the owners risk/fuel choice (E85?). Using the LNF 2.0 numbers for torque, realizing that the boost pressure I said above will be less than what the LNF runs, and taking into account the Longer stroke of the LL8, I'd be willing to bet you could see 610 lbft of torque out of that combination (at the flywheel). That would be an EcoBoost killer for sure. I'd take on of those with a 6L90E in my next ECSB 4x4 in a heart beat.
English please
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
12 Second Truck Club

chevy inline six + variable vane(geometry) twin turbos + variable valve timing + truck = one bad ****
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
chevy inline six + turbo + truck = one bad ****
Lol i gathered that much
Old 01-11-2011, 08:36 PM
TECH Resident

hmmmmmm theres something about a turbo v8 that puts a smile on my face from ear to ear lol

Quick Reply: ecoboost f150