PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   THE TRUCK STOP (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/)
-   -   Been a busy few weeks (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/truck-stop-133/been-busy-few-weeks-501414/)

Coban 05-06-2012 12:44 PM

Been a busy few weeks

4 Attachment(s)
This was my truck. 2010 Seirra with H/C 6.2L with Kooks headers. I put the 08-09 all terrain wheels on it as well as the all terrain grille. Loved it.

Attachment 157583

Here is what a GD drunk driver did a few weeks ago on a Saturday at 7pm!

Attachment 157584

Attachment 157585

Thankfully, I didn't have a bruise, bump, or scrape on me.

He had insurance, but he only had $25K in liability to split between me and other truck he hit. BTW, you are a Piece of S**T if you have the minimum required by state, it is not enough. Also, if you drink and drive. His butt was hauled off in the back of a police Tahoe. My uninsured motorist handled everything without a hitch.

Just a quick note. I have E-surance, so I was skeptical going in if I was going to have trouble or not, but I cannot say enough good things about this company. Awesome rates and excellent service.
I had the body shop change out a few body panels on my truck. The new look is growing on me.

Attachment 157586
JK of course. They totalled my truck and I didn't actually get screwed too bad. New car is an 06 CTS-V. They seem like they can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but I really like it so far.

I'll probably be back in a truck for the next iteration of GM, whenever they come out. I'm still hoping for a small diesel. Or at least something to match the Eco-boost.

pewterliftedz 05-06-2012 02:16 PM

Dam man thats great that u walked away. Sucks about the poor sierra, Good looking V.. LS2/ 6speed right?

TIM Z 05-06-2012 02:58 PM

Wow Bro, Glad you are OK! That truck protected you well, just imagine if you were driving a Kia or Prius or some other small piece of shit.

I hate to see a Sweet GM vehicle totaled.:(

I Really like your new ride though man!!

And X2 YOU are a piece of SHIT if you dont have insurance or drive fucked up and wreck us responsible people.

Good to know about Esurance, im getting tired of my local guy, do they blanket policy you also?

1slow01Z71 05-06-2012 03:26 PM

So you let the 6.2 go with the truck? :cry:

TIM Z 05-06-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71 (Post 4916884)

Shit Cody there was a good exhaust for ya :D

AKlowriderZ71 05-06-2012 06:57 PM

John would've bought the coil packs and tail lights. :)

wheeliE-maxx 05-06-2012 09:49 PM

Hoorah for galveston county

Coban 05-07-2012 06:42 AM

It actually happened outbound on 290@Huffmiester. He hit me so hard the front of my truck rode up on the median, skidded along for 20 ft, and then fell off.

Then tire marks will be there for a long time....

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71 (Post 4916884)

Yea.... After some trouble, I was able to prove it was a 6.2 so it was priced by similar 6.2 equipped trucks, but the heads/cam/headers were a loss... Really did not feel like working on removing them either. Some junkyard got pretty lucky.

1slow01Z71 05-07-2012 08:48 AM

Damn, I would've been finding out where it went. I could use a 6.2 in the new truck :D

Looks like the passenger compartment stayed pretty well intact. Makes me feel better about driving one of these trucks with the wife and kid in it.

wheeliE-maxx 05-07-2012 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Coban (Post 4917232)
It actually happened outbound on 290@Huffmiester. He hit me so hard the front of my truck rode up on the median, skidded along for 20 ft, and then fell off.

Then tire marks will be there for a long time....

Yea.... After some trouble, I was able to prove it was a 6.2 so it was priced by similar 6.2 equipped trucks, but the heads/cam/headers were a loss... Really did not feel like working on removing them either. Some junkyard got pretty lucky.

290 is something else man. Obviously being drunk didn't work out with those narrow lanes for him, and then nowhere to escape to for you.
Name of junkyard? phump