TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

Trailblazer torque converter in 07 Silverado problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Guys- on the lookout tor a TB converter; is there a specific model/ number I need to watch for going into a 2006 GMC Sierra/ 5.3..........
TIA
Old 03-18-2018, 11:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipped hd
i have a 07 rcsb new body 4.8 4l60 3.73 I recently bought a comp xr275 cam and a trailblazer converter. I went ahead and installed the converter before the cam and drove it for a couple weeks and it stalls out nicely but I've noticed between 40 and 60mph it locks and unlocks constantly when you get it above 60 it locks up and does great. Any time it's in 3rd or 4th gear not under a load it locks and unlocks every 3 to 5 seconds. It didn't do it with the stock converter I'm just trying to figure out what may be causing it or what I can do to fix it. Is it something that can be tuned out can I just not use that converter in my Tranny or what?
Easy fix. just has to be fixed in the tune. you just have to set what mph and what % throttle you want it to lock and unlock. i have same converter in a 06 and it only locks in 4th gear and once it hits 55 mph and unlock when i let off the throttle and it gets down to 50 mph. then i have it where i have to reach so much throttle % before it unlocks and downshifts. i hate that locking and unlocking crap it does in the same tune
Old 05-13-2018, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001 Sierra
Hey Guys- on the lookout tor a TB converter; is there a specific model/ number I need to watch for going into a 2006 GMC Sierra/ 5.3..........
TIA
Bump.