PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/towing-offroad-performance-168/)
-   -   Finish Line Trannys vs. PerformaBuilt Trannys (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/towing-offroad-performance-168/finish-line-trannys-vs-performabuilt-trannys-426657/)

ChevyTruck 10-11-2008 09:10 PM

Finish Line Trannys vs. PerformaBuilt Trannys

I have seen a lot of guy running FLT trannys, I have not heard too much about PerformaBuilt trannys. I would like to know the differance between the two?

I would like personal experance to tell first then the FLT and PBP can shine in if possiable. I have been woundering about this for about a month. I am know that this sound crazy to be asking these types of questions. :judge:

trever1t 10-11-2008 09:20 PM

I don't think it's a fair question...a running 4L60 is going to work as well as another. There is no difference in gearing. All you are going to get here is personal opinion on who likes who better and that is solely biased on who owns which one.

I can tell you FLT is what I run, others will boast of their PB's.

ChevyTruck 10-11-2008 09:27 PM

I know that it's not fair, but I have not heard of anyone running PB trannys(well as long as I have been a member). I am not trying to be jack azz by asking this... Is FLT just a better tranny making company or is the company just well know? I will be looking for a tranny next summer I will like to go to a 4L65E level?

I do not want to start any sponser wars. :usa: like I said I am not trying to be a jack azz.

Wilde Racing 10-11-2008 09:27 PM

I would go with who ever has the best deal and warranty. I know FLT has been helping out a lot of people. I'm sure Performabuild do quality work too..

trever1t 10-11-2008 09:36 PM

No, I'm just saying you are not going to get the answer you're looking for...only the users of each product can speak about the product they use.

FLT has taken great care of me and obviously their transmissions are tough enough to withstand the abuse I can throw at it.

ChevyTruck 10-11-2008 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by trever1t (Post 4021469)
No, I'm just saying you are not going to get the answer you're looking for...only the users of each product can speak about the product they use.

FLT has taken great care of me and obviously their transmissions are tough enough to withstand the abuse I can throw at it.

Yea I can understand.

LOL what do you have anyways? 4L60E or the big dog 4L80E? not trying to jump subject.

trever1t 10-11-2008 09:42 PM

My FLT is the LV5 4L65e with hardened shafts. I am exceeding the mfg. recommended input, lol.

ChevyTruck 10-11-2008 09:49 PM

thats cool that its still holding. (the 566/613 in your sig is that your HP and TQ?)

trever1t 10-11-2008 09:54 PM

yeah,
actually the numbers are higher now (with the nitrous) but I will need to dyno again to get them right and I dont want to do that just for a number. The track times say enough ;)
If you click on my sig you can watch a few videos on page 4 :devil:

kbracing96 10-11-2008 10:10 PM

FWIW, I haven't ran either, but i know they both build good products. And I know there are several guys on here running PB's. I was just talk to one the other day running there level 3 and was worried about how much boost he could put to it on a turboed 6l. Got a hold of Frank at midnight via IM and Frank looked up his warranty, told him he had like a month and a half on it and to go beat on it as hard as he could and if it broke, to send it back to them and they would see what broke and fix under warranty, even paying shipping. Sounded pretty good to me. :)

I believe they are BOTH great company's who stand behind there products 100%! :D I think if you had to pick an advantage, it would go to PB only because the wait time to get one is about a week, usually from what I've see and heard where FLT is generally about 4-6 weeks, but this is just an observation I have see on here from folks I have talked to.