Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Stolen fort Worth 8-24-18

Old 09-11-2018, 11:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

update: still not found looks like there not even gonna try to find it since they used my debit card at a gas station to put gas in it. insurance is trying to low ball me and give me 5k for it.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:44 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Sorry to hear. Find comparable trucks in your area when Negotiating with those D-bags!
Maybe they don't realize it is an SS and not a standard Silverado.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

they have 4 comerable trucks one is 5k the others are all over 10 but the 5k one dosent have a vin and dosent show to have body mouldings or any standard ss options. i told them they will advertise these as ss trucks
Old 09-11-2018, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cooperthetrooper
they have 4 comerable trucks one is 5k the others are all over 10 but the 5k one dosent have a vin and dosent show to have body mouldings or any standard ss options. i told them they will advertise these as ss trucks
Damn Fkn low lifes.
Sorry to hear the news brother, what insurance do you have??
Make sure theyre not trying to screw you by classifying the truck as a normal 1500 silverado.

Funny story, when i had my SS i got hit my a drunk driver, when i went to have the other guys insurance give me a quote and inspect all the stuff they do so i can get a check. They handed me an amount for the truck with some paperwork, given i dont know much about those estimates they do, but i was smart enough to realize they were pricing everything like a normal truck. I went back in there and complained to the agent, and they damn near doubled my estimate.

When i had my truck stolen, i had allstate and given my truck was a theft recovery prior, i still managed to get almost double what youre getting, given my monthly insurance reflected that, because my truck was classified a sport vehicle.

So make sure you make that stuff clear to them.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

they do have mine as an ss but i dont think that 5k one is an ss im just fighting with them to through that comparable truck out and go with the other 3
Old 09-18-2018, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by kaze_v8
Get ready to be flamed by all the theft prevention experts.
When my SS was stolen 2 years ago, it was almost as if ppl were more happy to see without it than anything.
Dunno man when I've seen stolen posts I try to ask what some of the circumstances were. What kind of theft protection did the truck have, where was it stolen from, etc. In cases where it was recovered what did they do to steal it. Why ask these things? Not to be insensitive to the victim but an attempt to prevent my own truck from being stolen. It's happened to me before under circumstances that would surprise most people, and what I got back was a stripped piece of **** that was worth almost nothing so trying to avoid that again..

It's been said many times but only because it's true, if they really want it they're going to get it no matter what. But we can still try to share information to make it harder on them. Gets tricky though because you post too many details in public and eventually it gets around and becomes more common knowledge for thieves to take advantage of.

Richard
Old 09-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

yeah they took another lowered silverado and a 90 model ss camaro from my street i live in a big U with only one way in and one way out. cops said it was planned, they even used another truck to pull mine out away from the house so i wouldnt hear it start up. following local post in the dallas fort worth area there have been 3 more stolen since mine was.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:06 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Wonder if there building regular cab clones with the parts?

At any rate it's still a shame.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 126 Likes on 106 Posts

Mine was stolen from a fenced, security card gated lot (card in, card out - no automatic gate), with cameras, well lit, and directly across the street from the 24-7 staffed office (with big windows) of our very busy freight depot. It was 3 rows back from the street so they had to wait until the first 2 rows cleared out of the way, they cut the fence, then dragged my truck out with another one so they could break into it and defeat the alarm somewhere else. This happened while I was 2-3 weeks out on the road in the big truck. What I came back to was "nobody saw anything" and nothing but crickets when I asked did they even review the security cameras. They didn't want to look like they had any liability at all. Needless to say I quit that pos job. Everything in me says it was an inside job with some ******* in the office telling his boys when the coast was clear.

stripped: engine & trans (cut all the hoses and harnesses too), wheels, Escalade front clip, some interior (and what they didn't take they basically destroyed), both doors jacked up from them trying to pry the lock mech and then they gave up and broke the window with a brick. The gouges on the door, cab, and bed might have happened when they ran it through the fence but based on where it was parked at the police storage lot I think their forklift operator did it. So what I had left to work with was a rolling chassis with a messed-up cab and bed, partial interior.

Anyway not trying to make the post about me, from your newer post though it looks like your insurance people must have come through as you have a new project going on now.

Richard
Old 09-18-2018, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

I am still fighting with insurance, i am just going to have to float both loans until i am able to come up with something with them. they still dont have my truck as an ss with options so on the comperable trucks i am losing 2-3 grand becuase of options

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stolen fort Worth 8-24-18