Texas We've Seceded from the Union

Stolen fort Worth 8-24-18

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

When i had mine stolen, it was from the parking station in beautiful downtown Houston.
I wouldve imagined it getting stolen from like a rough side of town or even during night or something.

I was sitting at work when a "friend" who was a furniture delivery guy, also one of the biggest "haters" (for reference purposes of the word) in my circle of friends happened to be the last person to see my truck and snapped a picture of it, but didnt bother to see who was driving my truck at the time.

When i had gotten my truck repainted a month prior, i had them use nails/bolts to put the claddings back on and then they smoothened the area over it.
I did it so that in a case where they ever stole my truck and tried to take the claddings off, they would ultimately either break, crack in half, snap, etc. Figured if i didnt have it, i wouldnt want anyone else to either. Seemed to have worked because when someone posted my truck on the SS forums, they showed the truck exactly how i had left it. Only issue was they stole the stereo and had wrecked the truck front and back.

I guess it also didnt help that my transfer case chain had been pretty bad, you couldnt drive the thing over 30mph.

I have a big hate for SS clones, specially when made from OG SSS parts. But it seems guys are building replica SS cladding kits, which makes me feel a whole lot better. lol
Old 09-18-2018, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

I figure they steal the trucks not only because of their value in parts, but also just because they're easy to steal. I'm not willing to give the truck up to lazy ******** that are just looking for the easy grab. I've done a few things to make it harder to get into and harder to start, but I'm not kidding myself that the truck is difficult to steal for someone that is motivated. Also the tailgates are protected on both trucks so they can't just be lifted off and detached. Don't wanna have to hunt an Intimidator spoiler replacement; was lucky this one wasn't damaged already as I bought the truck wrecked.

The other day my wife took hers to the movies and I thought JFC it's gonna be sitting out there in the lot looking like a target. Maybe one of these days I'll just drive boring stuff that nobody cares about...

Richard
Old 09-18-2018, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah thats why i didnt get another ss, i looked at them but found a gmc denali crew cab figure still got a 6.2 and awd but may not be as obvious to a thief and gonna get everything i can through at it to keep this from happening again
Old 09-18-2018, 04:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cooperthetrooper
yeah thats why i didnt get another ss, i looked at them but found a gmc denali crew cab figure still got a 6.2 and awd but may not be as obvious to a thief and gonna get everything i can through at it to keep this from happening again
Same thing i did lol.
My wife, girlfriend at the time suggested we got something thinking more towards our future, aka something for a family lol.
So i thought, whats a full size truck, 4 doors, with 4x4/AWD and a big engine, and the Denali was the next best thing to an SS.

Good luck, i havent had the funds to fix the denali up as much as my SS, but what ive done to it, i enjoy as much if not more than the SS.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah exactly my same though, were getting into a house right now and as soon as we get settled im going to start little by little and when i get my money from back pay from the va im gonna try to talk to the wife (shes an accountant) into letting me do a little more