STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

wiring factory stereo to amp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Esp on the Bose systems with there built in equalizer.Talk to a car stereo shop and they will tell you line level + bose head unit=shitty sound

Hell,google it and youll see how wrong your statement was....
Old 10-03-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by broke1
Esp on the Bose systems with there built in equalizer.Talk to a car stereo shop and they will tell you line level + bose head unit=shitty sound

Hell,google it and youll see how wrong your statement was....
lol! read post 20
Old 10-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mred
so what are you suggesting?
im not going for competition or anything
If you dont want it to sound like ****,use the JL Clean Sweep or equivalant.RF 360.2 is supposedly good but I have no experience with it personally.

Or just replace your head unit with an aftermarket if you dont want to use the Clean Sweep.

I dont compete and I have one in my truck.Do you know why?Because I didnt want it to sound like dog ****.....
Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you dont want it to sound like ****,use the JL Clean Sweep or equivalant.RF 360.2 is supposedly good but I have no experience with it personally.

Or just replace your head unit with an aftermarket if you dont want to use the Clean Sweep.

I dont compete and I have one in my truck.Do you know why?Because I didnt want it to sound like dog ****.....
i have gotta sling some mud here at ya broke1.
not saying you dont know **** about STEREO'S.
but you dont know **** about DURAMAX'S

Stock for stock,454 Vortec will out tow a Dmax all day long.You will have to spend a few thousand $$$'s to get the Dmax close to the 454 in towing.Even when u mod the Dmax,it will still not hang with a stock 454 Vortec when pulling heavy loads(8k+).....
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You need to lay off the crack, or give me some because it must be some good ****.

There isnt a gas engine out there stock for stock that will out tow a dmax or even come close.

With a town tune my truck puts down almost 800rwtq through 35s, please show me a tuned 454 that can even put down 400rwtq
Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Banned

I know my stock 454 Vortec will tow circles around one...any idiot who says differntly must have never looked at there EGT gauge when towing with there Dmax.

And my Dodge diesel will MURDER any of the DMaxx's ive run into in my town.Hell,my 5 speed in line 6 cylinder is faster than alot of you guys gas trucks.

Every vehicle I have has a HUGE stereo and has for the last 15 years.

There is over 3000rwhp sitting in my driveway right now and the one with the LS based engine is the slowest I have....

Just because you think dmax is the **** doesnt make it so.Just like the guy that thinks line level converters sound good,just not true....

And my stock 454 puts down 197hp/410ft lbs to the rear wheels,rated at 275/440.Lemme see if I can find the dyno graph....

I could care less what some dumb *** thinks they know about the 454 Vortec's.I know they are stronger than the 10 Dmax's my immediate family has owned....fact is,the fools who are quick to spout of that dribble have never driven or probably seen one....the stupidness on the internet or people willing to beleive the fools is sometimes shocking....

If anyone semi local wants to do some betting,lets load trailers and race up a long hill for a few thousand $$'s.Me in my stock 454,the other in whatever kind of Dmax they want to bring,dont care if its heavily modded and pushing 1000rwhp,its still limited by EGT when towing that trailer....

Last edited by broke1; 10-03-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

why are you turning this into a pissing contest? i gave you credit i said that "the jl clean sweep is a great product" and all i was getting at is that they are pricey, for the 3 hundred dollars they cost you could just buy a whole new deck. i could see using a jl clean sweep if i had steering wheel controlls on a factory touchscreen navigation unit with rear backup camera and integrated bluetooth and and a factory dvd system and i wanted to keep the deck. but for just to add an amp to a little stock cd player deck a clean sweep is kinda expensive.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know my stock 454 Vortec will tow circles around one...

And my Dodge diesel will MURDER any of the DMaxx's ive run into in my town.Hell,my 5 speed in line 6 cylinder is faster than alot of you guys gas trucks.

Every vehicle I have has a HUGE stereo and has for the last 15 years.

There is over 3000rwhp sitting in my driveway right now and the one with the LS based engine is the slowest I have....

Just because you think dmax is the **** doesnt make it so.Just like the guy that thinks line level converters sound good,just not true....
LOL
its all good.
my original stereo guy and you talk the same kind of talk.
he hates the majority of stereo guys on this planet.
back to the JL clean sweep wow that thing is HIGH!!!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 006rcsb
why are you turning this into a pissing contest? i gave you credit i said that "the jl clean sweep is a great product" and all i was getting at is that they are pricey, for the 3 hundred dollars they cost you could just buy a whole new deck. i could see using a jl clean sweep if i had steering wheel controlls on a factory touchscreen navigation unit with rear backup camera and integrated bluetooth and and a factory dvd system and i wanted to keep the deck. but for just to add an amp to a little stock cd player deck a clean sweep is kinda expensive.
real expensive and a little over kill for a stock unit.
i just dont wanna buy a after market unit,some ******* would just steal the aftermarket unit.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Banned

I bought my CS for $150 on ebay.

If you ever have plans on adding a cd changer or mp3 player or the like,by the time you get line level converters,cd changer controls,aux input,you will be well over $200 and still have a radio that sounds like ****.

006rcsb,no ones turning it into a pissing contest,your statemnt was so wrong and out there,I didnt want anyone who didnt know any better to read it,think it was true,and actually follow your reccomendation and be VERY unhappy and waste there hard earned $$$$ on ****.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's a tool?

Quick Reply: wiring factory stereo to amp?