PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   STEREO & ELECTRONICS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/)
-   -   Kenwood DVD receiver HU (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/kenwood-dvd-receiver-hu-497472/)

stranger ranger 02-20-2012 12:51 PM

Kenwood DVD receiver HU

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DDX3...od-DDX319.html

Looking to upgrade my factory single disc player with something a little more modern and came across this from my limited budget. I always heard kenwood was pretty decent in the aftermarket stereo department but never bought from them. Does anyone have this or something similar?
thanks.

CC05 02-20-2012 01:58 PM

Seen plenty of them purchased and no complaints. Lots of people have them, because they're a good, budget double-din. You'll be happy, I'm sure.

Kenwood DDX319 In-Dash 6.1" Touchscreen LCD Car Stereo Receiver

stranger ranger 02-20-2012 03:07 PM

Yea I'm not looking for something top shelf, just better than factory and i think this fits the bill. I just hope it looks decent in the dash. I hope much of the dash kit isn't visible either. That's why i've never upgraded because I hate seeing all the plastic around the radio but with this being double din i shouldn't have to worry.

camcamaro1991 02-20-2012 06:38 PM

Why not install a GM TNR 800 unit?

See my sig link for a how-to on the TNR & INR units.

CC05 02-20-2012 06:42 PM

Essentially no pre-amp's, no SQ, adjustment is minimal, etc., etc., etc. For $349, Kenwood offers a loaded unit that soars above the potential of an OEM unit. ;)

camcamaro1991 02-20-2012 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by CC05 (Post 4872654)
Essentially no pre-amp's, no SQ, adjustment is minimal, etc., etc., etc. For $349, Kenwood offers a loaded unit that soars above the potential of an OEM unit. ;)

I disagree, for 350 dollars you get a CD/DVD/MP3 player. the EQ settings can't be all that great. (don't get me wrong i like Kenwood but the model listed seems to be lacking)

besides a TNR 800 part # "15811289" works for the Non Bose trucks/SUV's (has it's own internal AMP) and includes Naviagation, then you can add a MP3/iPod interface for a little more. I can add a kit for DVD and rear camera and so on... yes i know it will cost more more but.
TNR looks & flows great with the GM 800's, stuff like steering wheel buttons, and dimmer, backing lighting on the radio, it's "CLEAN" match.

CC05 02-20-2012 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by camcamaro1991 (Post 4872673)
I disagree, for 350 dollars you get a CD/DVD/MP3 player. the EQ settings can't be all that great. (don't get me wrong i like Kenwood but the model listed seems to be lacking)

besides a TNR 800 part # "15811289" works for the Non Bose trucks/SUV's (has it's own internal AMP) and includes Naviagation, then you can add a MP3/iPod interface for a little more. I can add a kit for DVD and rear camera and so on... yes i know it will cost more more but.
TNR looks & flows great with the GM 800's, stuff like steering wheel buttons, and dimmer, backing lighting on the radio, it's "CLEAN" match.

:jest: The Kenwood works for non-Bose trucks as well, has a better "pre-amp" voltage (as I mentioned earlier, which clearly signifies an internal amp), it has Ipod/MP3 capabilities included, via the front 3.5mm jack, has better signal-to-noise, is up to date, and has plenty of screen/backlight adjustment, including: sharpness, color, contrast, tint, etc. Trust me, I'm not just recommending a h.u. on what I've heard or what I'm guessing the comparison is like. I've done this for a while. For cheaper, you can have a radio with actual potential that's not outdated.

WhiteChevy3 02-21-2012 06:53 AM

im with^^

stranger ranger 02-21-2012 07:14 AM

Thanks CC05.

slpsilverado 02-21-2012 04:19 PM

I've had a Kenwood double din unit for over 3 years now, and love it. Mine isn't that fancy, and they don't make it anymore. It's a DPX 503.