PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   STEREO & ELECTRONICS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/)
-   -   got a galaxy s3 today (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/got-galaxy-s3-today-510396/)

2000chevysilverado 11-12-2012 09:27 PM

got a galaxy s3 today

Going from my captive glide this thing is very nice been playing with it for couple hours now and wow this is ten times better now just to find some usefull aps besides pandora and eBay...

custm2500 11-13-2012 08:08 AM

Enjoy it for the first 6 months. Typicaly after that Samsungs tend to have issues. Nothing major but the file system isn't the fastest and after some time they tend to get glitchy. Nothing major but the smooth opperation becomes less smooth.

I speak from experiance. I had two Samsung's recently (charge,and I forget the other one) and currently work with 4 people who have the Galaxy. Three of the four are having minor issues. Freazing, slow to change on a occation. We are hard on our phones at work with dirt, dust, and lots of use but Samsung is commonly known to not stay flawless for long.

I personaly like Motorola and my Razr is almost a year old without issues.

Good luck with your phone and hope it doesn't fall to the same fate that most do.

03regcab sierra 11-13-2012 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by custm2500 (Post 5023884)
Enjoy it for the first 6 months. Typicaly after that Samsungs tend to have issues. Nothing major but the file system isn't the fastest and after some time they tend to get glitchy. Nothing major but the smooth opperation becomes less smooth.

I speak from experiance. I had two Samsung's recently (charge,and I forget the other one) and currently work with 4 people who have the Galaxy. Three of the four are having minor issues. Freazing, slow to change on a occation. We are hard on our phones at work with dirt, dust, and lots of use but Samsung is commonly known to not stay flawless for long.

I personaly like Motorola and my Razr is almost a year old without issues.

Good luck with your phone and hope it doesn't fall to the same fate that most do.

I agree i still have the galaxy s2 and its been good but has been acting up alot lately. Battery only last a couple hours so i basically have to have it connected to a charger all day :/ Still deciding on the either the galaxy s3 or iphone 5 for my next phone

slowswb 11-13-2012 11:24 AM

s3 ftw its a amazing phone and its got quad core processor that runs fast than must household computer.

2000chevysilverado 11-13-2012 11:27 AM

I had iPhones went through 4 of them on hard on phones as well dirt dust lint from work thesamsung captive glide I went through two before. I went to this one

03sierraslt 11-13-2012 11:58 AM

I like iPhones.

No phone thread is complete until someone chimes in that they like something different.

custm2500 11-13-2012 05:20 PM

We have had plenty of threads of all of the downsides of the iphone. Be smart stay Droid just stick with motorola. HTC is also good too. I just know for a fact that many differant motorolas are all well known for great reliablility and longevity.

2000chevysilverado 11-13-2012 05:44 PM

I usually get new phone every 6 monthes and this is by far the best but I do miss the slide out keyboard

Mangled03gmc 11-13-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt (Post 5023976)
I like iPhones.

No phone thread is complete until someone chimes in that they like something different.

LOL yup

Originally Posted by custm2500 (Post 5024147)
We have had plenty of threads of all of the downsides of the iphone. Be smart stay Droid just stick with motorola. HTC is also good too. I just know for a fact that many differant motorolas are all well known for great reliablility and longevity.

:sigh: :troll:

Originally Posted by 2000chevysilverado (Post 5024168)
I usually get new phone every 6 monthes and this is by far the best but I do miss the slide out keyboard

Def a nice phone if you like carrying around something the size of a tablet :judge:

2000chevysilverado 11-13-2012 07:12 PM

Fits in carpenter pocket nicely