PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   STEREO & ELECTRONICS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/)
-   -   Fu$@in Thieves! (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/fu%24%40-thieves-358016/)

RSTSilverado 01-31-2006 04:20 PM

Fu$@in Thieves!

I came out of chili's after lunch and i click the unlock button on my remote and i hear my alarm beep four times(means it went off) and i'm like oh shit. Well i walk up and open the door and my head unit is missing. Whoever stole it was a professional because they didn't break my window or my dash. Also they did it in the middle of chili's parking lot in broad daylight so they must have been in and out fast. Luckily they left my center console, my w7, and both my amps alone. I'm pissed off but it could have been a lot worse. My carbon fiber dash is not broken, they didn't break my window and the rest of my expensive audio is still there. I know am a firm believer that car alarms don't do shit. If i would have had one with a pager then maybe it wouldve payed off but if they want to get it they are gonna get it. Here's a pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...olenstereo.jpg

1slow01Z71 01-31-2006 04:49 PM

That sucks bro I think I am going to start a thread on what we can do to keep our shit form getting broke into. I am going to be adding some extremely expensive shit IMO to my audio system here soon with a 12W7, new memphis 1500watt amp and a 7" indash screen I ahve an alarm but like you said it doesnt do shit. I have the pager one from prestige but it sucks you get behind Laura Flin Boyle and it blocks teh signal.:mad:

PEDRO 01-31-2006 05:08 PM

how did they get in with out breaking the windows if the doors were locked

diehardchevy 01-31-2006 05:16 PM

After my tahoe was broken into i gave up on alarms. my alarm on the tahoe was expensive as shit, pager and the hole nine yards. lost it all.

IMO there is NO way to protect anything other than parking in a garage at all times. the old saying proves true time and time again. IF THEY WANT IT BAD ENOUGH, THERE GONNA GET IT ANY WAY POSSIBLE.

RSTSilverado 01-31-2006 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by PEDRO
how did they get in with out breaking the windows if the doors were locked

Thats what id like to know

sikchevy 01-31-2006 05:38 PM

those guys must have been pretty good. breaking into a regular cab without breaking the windows is insane. ive had to break into my one truck and it wasnt easy. i had to pry the little back window on the passenger side, stick like a 4 foot long cb antenna down the side on push the lock forward. my chick locked the truck with it running out in the middle of the desert. i was a pain in the ass and i thought about just smashing the window but came to wits about it. i ended have to replace the window anyway cause after i pried on it, it had a pretty bad air leak. sorry to hear about you loss man, maybe invest in a two way remote alarm. i have the clifford rs 2.5 with the remote start and it works like a charm.

PEDRO 01-31-2006 05:43 PM

about a week ago they broke into the cars at my house but mine but my wife left all those cars unlocked and i lock mine i make sure i hear the beep go off well they got into the three other vehicles but mine lesson here i never let my wife tell my truck is locked i go check it before i go to sleep

RSTSilverado 01-31-2006 06:25 PM

im pretty sure they got in through the passenger side window because when i roll it up and down i hear a scratching noise that wasn't there before.

Soquel 01-31-2006 06:39 PM

When I locked the keys in my car the AAA tow truck guy slim jimed my truck in about 30 seconds.( I had to have them break in because I have no key holes) I do have an alarm now but I don't have a back up battery so some one could break in and then just pop the hood and cut the cables. I think instead of getting a hidden battery I need to find a way to lock the hood so that if the alarm goes off they won't have a way of shutting it off.

Avsfan 01-31-2006 06:54 PM

Been there before. That sucks scissors buddy.