Door speakers????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 06:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

slowly step away from the cap
Old 01-24-2014, 04:02 PM

last two posters have me curious now. what gives on the cap? i have one in my 05 sierra and love it...not using it right now but i was when i had my subs in there.....will be again someday. anyways, headlights used to strobe pretty bad from the subs, put the cap in and never noticed it happen again. subs seemed a bit more "crisp" with it too....
Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 PM

totally forgot to answer back to OP in that last post......im running Focal's in my front doors in that same 05 sierra as last post...i havent been as happy with them as the factories, but i havent tried amplifying them at all yet either, which is probly my problem. back to the stock deck for now too lol....buddy used to run rockfords for his components and they sounded awesome without an amp even. kinda wish i woulda tried a set out.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast 5.3
last two posters have me curious now. what gives on the cap? i have one in my 05 sierra and love it...not using it right now but i was when i had my subs in there.....will be again someday. anyways, headlights used to strobe pretty bad from the subs, put the cap in and never noticed it happen again. subs seemed a bit more "crisp" with it too....
there not supper bad just need to know that they are more a band aid. they dont store that much energy and put more of a load on the alt then needed. the dimming could be that the main battery wasnt up to the heavy task. getting a 2nd battery is always a nicer option then a cap.

need help with choosen capacitor - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com

Originally Posted by Fast 5.3
totally forgot to answer back to OP in that last post......im running Focal's in my front doors in that same 05 sierra as last post...i havent been as happy with them as the factories, but i havent tried amplifying them at all yet either, which is probly my problem. back to the stock deck for now too lol....buddy used to run rockfords for his components and they sounded awesome without an amp even. kinda wish i woulda tried a set out.
what level of focals? they should be amped no matter what. also from what i hear the lower line of focals aren't all that, you need the one up to have something nice.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're needing more juice for an amp, don't get a cap. Waste of money and can't stabilize a subwoofer after the initial motor stab. It will give you a bigger excursion (about once every 8 seconds) but also more strain on the cone from distortion.

I'd recommend budgeting in a Stinger power cell.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only caps to use are real caps like maxwell supercaps. But be careful an read or you'll have a fire real quick. If you need a little extra then look into xs power batteries. I have 3 in my truck an I'm goin to add another soon