PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   STEREO & ELECTRONICS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/)
-   -   Bad PRNDL switch? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/stereo-electronics-131/bad-prndl-switch-436094/)

00Silv4.8 03-02-2009 10:45 AM

Bad PRNDL switch?

alright guys been having this problem since the motor/trans swap. Every now and then, and its been more frequent lately) Ill drive and say come to a stop sign, my gear indicator will then cycle down from drive to 2 instantly but the truck is still in drive? then the truck wont move while it reads 2. Its almost like it put itself in neutral? some times if you cycle the gear selector from neutral down all the way (which it will only read 2 when its in 1???) then back in to drive it will take a second then register and almost like dump it in to drive and it will die instantly. No studder or anything? we thought maybe the PRNDL was out of alignment so we got it on a rack and adjusted it to where it was on my old 60e. Still does it. What do I do? this is pissing me off beyond belief! :confused: :bang:

64CAMINO 03-02-2009 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8 (Post 4144347)
alright guys been having this problem since the motor/trans swap. Every now and then, and its been more frequent lately) Ill drive and say come to a stop sign, my gear indicator will then cycle down from drive to 2 instantly but the truck is still in drive? then the truck wont move while it reads 2. Its almost like it put itself in neutral? some times if you cycle the gear selector from neutral down all the way (which it will only read 2 when its in 1???) then back in to drive it will take a second then register and almost like dump it in to drive and it will die instantly. No studder or anything? we thought maybe the PRNDL was out of alignment so we got it on a rack and adjusted it to where it was on my old 60e. Still does it. What do I do? this is pissing me off beyond belief! :confused: :bang:

Mine did this for about 3 weeks after my motor/trans swap also. I just kept ignoring it and called it a few obscene names and it eventealy fixed itself:lol:.

charcold-bowtie 03-02-2009 01:03 PM

Is your cable adjusted appropriately?

00Silv4.8 03-02-2009 05:31 PM

Shift cable is non adjustable.

Haha I've called it some choice names and I can't ignore int when Im trying to give Charlie feed back on the tune haha. Thanks tho Ill give it some more time I guess

00ChevyScott 03-02-2009 05:33 PM

Throwing it into park going over 75 mph should fix it!

:D

SimpleManLance 03-02-2009 05:48 PM

mine kind of does the same sorta thing only it doesnt effect the trans.

when i take it from R to D it takes forever to register like i will be driving down the road and it will finally switch to D.

if its messing with the trans then i dont think its the PRND321 switch.

00Silv4.8 03-02-2009 08:44 PM

Well there's no way to adjust the cable so Im at a loss?

And it's not going in 2 park at 75 haha it accidentally went from d to r today going to my recruiters cuz my shoulder is fucked up

Wilde Racing 03-02-2009 08:47 PM

Check the wiring going to the PRNDL switch on the trans. Maybe a few wires didnt like the engine/tranny swap.

charcold-bowtie 03-02-2009 10:24 PM

mine has a little cable adjustment on the framerail of the cable.

00Silv4.8 03-02-2009 10:24 PM

Hmmm ok that's something to think about. I even got the bottom connector snapped in and thought that would do it. I will check that when I get a chance