Sponsor's Announcements, Sales, and Specials This is for our site sponsors to make announcements

Torqstorm 99-06 Silverado Supercharger kit finished

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Getting some kits put together for customers.
Attached Thumbnails Torqstorm 99-06 Silverado Supercharger kit finished-bracket.jpg  
Old 04-30-2018, 01:26 PM
Former Vendor

Here are some more pics of the silverado kit. This is just a display. The actual kit comes with more pieces. Tube to locate the air filter on the wheel well for instance.

This kit works so great. Our customers are loving them.

Jeff @ Torqstorm
Attached Thumbnails Torqstorm 99-06 Silverado Supercharger kit finished-engine-stand-complete-2.jpg   Torqstorm 99-06 Silverado Supercharger kit finished-engine-stand-front-bracket-install-pic.jpg   Torqstorm 99-06 Silverado Supercharger kit finished-engine-stand-front-bracket-spacer-install.jpg   Torqstorm 99-06 Silverado Supercharger kit finished-engine-stand-complete-5.jpg  
Old 06-10-2018, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On low boost, lq9 (93 octane) can this setup be tuned thru the MAF instead of SD? And can it be run without meth or intercooler at 5-7lbs?
Old 06-10-2018, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

It's possible that you could run a MAF but just know that even at low boost you could outflow the limits of the MAF sensor. Going speed density is the preferred way to tune it because when using software like HP Tuners and EFI Live you can setup the computer with a custom operating system that support a 2/3 BAR VE table and have boost enrichment tables added. People often say drive ability and overall throttle response is better in speed density.

Not to speak for them but I believe the low boost that they run with the larger pulley was designed to run non-intercooled. That low of boost should not require any meth or intercooler when running good fuel and conservative timing.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP
It's possible that you could run a MAF but just know that even at low boost you could outflow the limits of the MAF sensor. Going speed density is the preferred way to tune it because when using software like HP Tuners and EFI Live you can setup the computer with a custom operating system that support a 2/3 BAR VE table and have boost enrichment tables added. People often say drive ability and overall throttle response is better in speed density.

Not to speak for them but I believe the low boost that they run with the larger pulley was designed to run non-intercooled. That low of boost should not require any meth or intercooler when running good fuel and conservative timing.
Thnaks for the info just wanted to see if it was like some of the old maggy kits that you see still running a maf
Old 06-10-2018, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

I hear ya, I thought the old maggie kits and even some of the more basic procharger kits will used a MAF sensor but I don't know what boost levels they run. Just with the stock MAF housing being so small and the low Hz limits of the sensor is why they can be outflowed pretty quick. Having to worry about BOV placement and straight air across the sensor go out the window with speed density too.

Basically with their kit you just need the supercharger, larger injectors, maybe a fuel pump and a separate IAT sensor if you remove the MAF. Then a tune to complete it.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Seriously thinking I need to go this route. My truck drives so damn good, the planned heads & cam LQ9 swap may be hard to live with as a DD.

I make about 350 rw with my current set up, doubt I'll pick up 170 rw like the test mule. But, would like to see at least 80-100 rw gain on 6psi. Doable? I want to keep my drivability and be able to tow trailers still. A big cam, loose converter LQ9 just isn't going to do all of that IMO.

Last edited by Bluecollar Hotrods; 06-19-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor

That will be very simple to gain the 100 hp+ to the wheels with our supercharger. What do you have done to the truck so far? Im assuming its your 01 rcss with the lq4/80e? Our setup is great for a daily driver. In fact the test mule just did the Hot Rod Power tour with us. Stop and go traffic in 100 deg for hours at a time. Raced around Atlanta motor speedway, hauled all of our stuff, did some smokey burnouts, lol. 3k miles in 8 days with no issues. He hauls his boat on the weekends, drives it everyday 50 miles. He had over 30k miles on our old kit on that truck, without any issues. Now about 8k miles already on the new setup.

We put our supercharger through rigorous severe testing, that is why we have given it a limted lifetime warranty.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

It has a small cam... 214/220 @ .050 111 LSA .598/.604 lift. LS9 head gaskets and ARP bolts. Long tube headers and exhaust. TBSS style intake manifold, 92mm throttle body, 32# 8.1L injectors, Walbro 255 lph in tank pump. I know I will need bigger injectors. Looking at 72#/hr from FIC. Would like to install a flex fuel sensor at a later date and have that capability. Hoping I have enough fuel pump to keep up with the demand.

I have been following your Power Tour trip on social media. Love that it is American made and how beefy the components look.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does you kit come with a new crank pulley? I see their is an aftermarket crank pulley in the photo posted above.

Quick Reply: Torqstorm 99-06 Silverado Supercharger kit finished