Sponsor's Announcements, Sales, and Specials This is for our site sponsors to make announcements

HPTuners Suite + AFP Tuning Package Deal!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 03:47 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Glad I could help!
Old 10-22-2018, 03:48 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic Performance
I am still offering this service to forum members! Let me know if you need tuning or an HPTuners interface!
I request an update of the first page in this thread...
Old 10-23-2018, 02:17 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

First post updated
Old 01-24-2019, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want to update this thread with my experience having Richard as a tuner.

I bought the Standard HP Tuners Suite plus tuning for 3 vehicles to start out. Two were Level 1 tunes and the third vehicle was a Level 3. The Level 1 tunes were easy peasy. A couple datalogs, a few emails and they were good to go. These tunes were very basic (still 87 octane) but was looking for increased throttle response, upgraded shift patterns, etc. and Richard delivered exactly what I was looking for.

The Level 3 tune is in progress as I'm still gathering parts to install an LSA charger on the truck that currently has basic bolt-ons (LT’s, exhaust, intake) and cam. I previously had a BlackBear tune on the truck but am glad I made the jump to Richard. Now, I will say I never had a bad experience with BlackBear… I am in no way bashing them. I believe they can provide a good service for certain individuals. Especially people looking for a simple tune for very basic setups. But if you're constantly modifying your vehicle or doing anything more than LTs and Intake, Richard is the way to go IMO. I must say I noticed some very clear differences between the BB tune and the tune Richard provided. Nothing on the truck changed other than the tune. The throttle response was better, the trans kickdown flared far less, it felt stronger in the lower to mid-range RPMs and the overall trans tuning was much better. I recently completed a built 4l80e swap w/ Circle D 3200 converter in preparation for the LSA charger and once again Richard was fast to turn around the tunes, made adjustments based on my feedback & datalogs and the truck feels and runs amazing.

In the past few months I’ve had two of my buddies switch to Richard for tuning services using my HP Tuners Suite. One is an OBS w/ LQ4, 4l80e and LSA charger and the other is a TBSS w/ 4l80e. The OBS originally had BlackBear tuning services and he had multiple issues with them. He switched to Richard and went through 11 (yes, eleven!) tune iterations. There were a number of issues on the truck side that we worked through with Richard. The entire time Richard was accommodating, very quick to respond (one of the issues this guy had with BlackBear) and extremely helpful. There were times when Richard was turning tunes around in a matter of 2 hours (It's always within 12 hours or so which is still extremely fast), answering questions promptly and responsive on nights/weekends/mornings. This is the true advantage of using Richard. The TBSS tune was quick and effective!

In closing, if you’re on the fence…. Richard is the answer.

Also…. HP Tuners > EFI Live
The following 6 users liked this post by Dangles:
Atomic Performance (01-24-2019), busted33 (04-14-2019), HPTuners (01-24-2019), RedXray (01-24-2019), silentbravo (01-24-2019), ZO6Ted (01-24-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-24-2019, 08:37 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dangles
Just want to update this thread with my experience having Richard as a tuner.

I bought the Standard HP Tuners Suite plus tuning for 3 vehicles to start out. Two were Level 1 tunes and the third vehicle was a Level 3. The Level 1 tunes were easy peasy. A couple datalogs, a few emails and they were good to go. These tunes were very basic (still 87 octane) but was looking for increased throttle response, upgraded shift patterns, etc. and Richard delivered exactly what I was looking for.

The Level 3 tune is in progress as I'm still gathering parts to install an LSA charger on the truck that currently has basic bolt-ons (LT’s, exhaust, intake) and cam. I previously had a BlackBear tune on the truck but am glad I made the jump to Richard. Now, I will say I never had a bad experience with BlackBear… I am in no way bashing them. I believe they can provide a good service for certain individuals. Especially people looking for a simple tune for very basic setups. But if you're constantly modifying your vehicle or doing anything more than LTs and Intake, Richard is the way to go IMO. I must say I noticed some very clear differences between the BB tune and the tune Richard provided. Nothing on the truck changed other than the tune. The throttle response was better, the trans kickdown flared far less, it felt stronger in the lower to mid-range RPMs and the overall trans tuning was much better. I recently completed a built 4l80e swap w/ Circle D 3200 converter in preparation for the LSA charger and once again Richard was fast to turn around the tunes, made adjustments based on my feedback & datalogs and the truck feels and runs amazing.

In the past few months I’ve had two of my buddies switch to Richard for tuning services using my HP Tuners Suite. One is an OBS w/ LQ4, 4l80e and LSA charger and the other is a TBSS w/ 4l80e. The OBS originally had BlackBear tuning services and he had multiple issues with them. He switched to Richard and went through 11 (yes, eleven!) tune iterations. There were a number of issues on the truck side that we worked through with Richard. The entire time Richard was accommodating, very quick to respond (one of the issues this guy had with BlackBear) and extremely helpful. There were times when Richard was turning tunes around in a matter of 2 hours (It's always within 12 hours or so which is still extremely fast), answering questions promptly and responsive on nights/weekends/mornings. This is the true advantage of using Richard. The TBSS tune was quick and effective!

In closing, if you’re on the fence…. Richard is the answer.

Also…. HP Tuners > EFI Live
Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it! I try to stay on top of the retunes as I know that is the number 1 complaint of people that do remote tuning. I am also glad we got that floor mat out of the way so you can go WOT now
Old 04-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just bought the package deal tune/interface from Richard....can't wait to get it. Him and I exchanged so many emails about it, looked like a week long text message thread...
He answered ALL of my questions, sent him the $. I dealt with him before on his trucool bracket, I have YET to install, but it is a QUALITY piece. No doubt.
Old 04-12-2019, 01:02 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 08-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gonna need a retune here once I get something's done to the truck. Haven't driven it much since I last emailed you life an what not, but when I get it done I'll send you a log.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Truck Sponsor

Sounds good, ill be around!
Old 08-27-2019, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Appreciate it Richard.