SPONSOR PROJECTS, BUILDS, & CUSTOMERS TRUCKS Sponsor's have their own projects and customer's cars they'd like to show off too! Check them out here!

magnacharged 2014 GMC

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want more info
Old 02-28-2014, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

....?
Old 06-11-2014, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump...
Old 06-12-2014, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Still running e85?
Old 06-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Launching!

You should never worry about fueling issues with a stock flex fuel pump. The injectors however, are another story depending on how much boost you wanna run.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20SS06
You should never worry about fueling issues with a stock flex fuel pump. The injectors however, are another story depending on how much boost you wanna run.
So how does that statement make sense? There are two pumps one low pressure and a high pressure mechanical pump. The stick DI inkectors are rated at 95/lb, but may not be apples to apples on di injector. So my question still stands are they running e85? The maggie tune disables the feature , and the sensor. I have since enabled mine but my logged runs up top are not pretty, and you cant really get a duty cycle percentage, so i have pulled back timing and run 91 until i can get a wideband and dyno time to drill into this further.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thewrx
So how does that statement make sense? There are two pumps one low pressure and a high pressure mechanical pump. The stick DI inkectors are rated at 95/lb, but may not be apples to apples on di injector. So my question still stands are they running e85? The maggie tune disables the feature , and the sensor. I have since enabled mine but my logged runs up top are not pretty, and you cant really get a duty cycle percentage, so i have pulled back timing and run 91 until i can get a wideband and dyno time to drill into this further.
It makes sense because we tried upping boost and adding other mods to several different cars, some with flex fuel pumps and others with non flex pumps. The cars with flex fuel pumps never ever had fueling problems other than the stock injectors (Which are also bigger than the stock injectors that come with non flex fuel cars) being maxed out. The non flex fuel pumps however still had fueling issues even with ID injectors which in turn pointed out that the fuel pumps were also being maxed out. Also, flex fuel pumps and injectors are larger and more powerful than the non flex fuel pumps. I, for example, was running 18 psi boost and a lot of other mods and the only thing I needed on the fueling side was to change my injectors.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 20SS06
It makes sense because we tried upping boost and adding other mods to several different cars, some with flex fuel pumps and others with non flex pumps. The cars with flex fuel pumps never ever had fueling problems other than the stock injectors (Which are also bigger than the stock injectors that come with non flex fuel cars) being maxed out. The non flex fuel pumps however still had fueling issues even with ID injectors which in turn pointed out that the fuel pumps were also being maxed out. Also, flex fuel pumps and injectors are larger and more powerful than the non flex fuel pumps. I, for example, was running 18 psi boost and a lot of other mods and the only thing I needed on the fueling side was to change my injectors.
Ok so two things the setup above is a double pumple setup that has a mechanical fuel pump with high pressure (up to2200 psi) injectors not your 350lph intake with 40lb injectors.

Second an e85 fuel setup on my blazer would require a twin pump or big single 1000 with 8an and 6an return with a sump with at least 120lb but will likely go with id2000 injectors. So i am not doubting it can support decent power levels on 91 but e85 on a boosted setup would be a different animal.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thewrx
Ok so two things the setup above is a double pumple setup that has a mechanical fuel pump with high pressure (up to2200 psi) injectors not your 350lph intake with 40lb injectors.

Second an e85 fuel setup on my blazer would require a twin pump or big single 1000 with 8an and 6an return with a sump with at least 120lb but will likely go with id2000 injectors. So i am not doubting it can support decent power levels on 91 but e85 on a boosted setup would be a different animal.
I agree!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok now we are good there, the guys from tellez round here much.

Quick Reply: magnacharged 2014 GMC