Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Trick Performance, outstanding Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Trick Performance, outstanding Kit

I got a T6 kit, with the Twin Scroll manifold and 4" DP, and 4" race intercooler. I wanted to do a follow up for everyone now that some time has passed, reviewing something as soon as you get it is one thing but what about after you've had it a bit. I have had the kit on for like 8-10 months and couldn’t be happier. I was unsure when I made the switch from all the years with a PD blower setup to a turbo what I would think, zero regrets. Tricks Kit is stout! I have had zero issues with this setup, and its sooo fun to drive. My truck is now much quieter and much faster, I kept the same 4” exhaust setup that I had with the blower and now I have zero drone. Rick has been awesome to deal with, he is very customer oriented and loves feedback as he strives to continue to improve and develop. Any questions that I have had along the way he is fast to answer. I run an Eboost2 for boost control, but on gate my setup consistently makes exactly what the wastegate spring is. No issues with boost creep or anything odd. I feel this is all a testament to a well designed kit. For what its worth, just wanted to let everyone know what my experience has been thus far. So if you considering going turbo, get ahold of Rick or shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
The following 3 users liked this post by 03sierraslt:
randeez (06-18-2019), Resolute_welding (06-18-2019), ZO6Ted (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,433 Likes on 1,061 Posts

Did you notice your highway MPG improved? I am considering a turbo instead of the D1 on a 5.3 (maybe soon a 5.7) to get more than 16mpg at cruise

Would you feel the same way about it with an 1800 stall?
Old 06-18-2019, 10:53 AM
Admin

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Did you notice your highway MPG improved? I am considering a turbo instead of the D1 on a 5.3 (maybe soon a 5.7) to get more than 16mpg at cruise

Would you feel the same way about it with an 1800 stall?

My truck is a toy, I don’t pay any attention to fuel mileage. When I drive it I am WO frequently. As for comparing it with a 1800 stall it depends the size of the turbo. It’s all relative.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I was eyeballing one of those cast T6 manifolds for a while. Think I'm gonna have to rear mount though. I do love the option of a casted manifold.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
My truck is a toy, I don’t pay any attention to fuel mileage. When I drive it I am WO frequently. As for comparing it with a 1800 stall it depends the size of the turbo. It’s all relative.
The question of the stall was relative to your setup, and yes its a matter of opinion/highly subjective; simply curious if part of the reason youre as happy as you are is because you have a high(er) stall
Old 06-18-2019, 01:36 PM
Admin

You would not want a S480 on a 1800 stall unless you had moderate cubes and a small turbine. For normal driving it would be fine but you wouldn’t be able to build boost from a standstill. If you were OK with that then it would drive normal. My turbo is too big for a 1800 stall speed at least to be practical.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Thank you for the feedback! Glad to hear you are happy with the kit
Old 06-18-2019, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

@TrickTurbo
Old 06-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I got a T6 kit, with the Twin Scroll manifold and 4" DP, and 4" race intercooler. I wanted to do a follow up for everyone now that some time has passed, reviewing something as soon as you get it is one thing but what about after you've had it a bit. I have had the kit on for like 8-10 months and couldn’t be happier. I was unsure when I made the switch from all the years with a PD blower setup to a turbo what I would think, zero regrets. Tricks Kit is stout! I have had zero issues with this setup, and its sooo fun to drive. My truck is now much quieter and much faster, I kept the same 4” exhaust setup that I had with the blower and now I have zero drone. Rick has been awesome to deal with, he is very customer oriented and loves feedback as he strives to continue to improve and develop. Any questions that I have had along the way he is fast to answer. I run an Eboost2 for boost control, but on gate my setup consistently makes exactly what the wastegate spring is. No issues with boost creep or anything odd. I feel this is all a testament to a well designed kit. For what its worth, just wanted to let everyone know what my experience has been thus far. So if you considering going turbo, get ahold of Rick or shoot me a PM if you have any questions.
Thank you for the feed back and the review of the product. It really help me to make a better kit, when the customers let me know their thoughts on the product and the service..
Old 02-12-2020, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Called Rick today, it's been years. Talked about options for my '14 so my Whipple may be looking for a new home soon. This guy is so knowledgeable and helpful. He totally knows his stuff and is really interested in giving us what we want....happiness and going fast! Top quality, reliability, moderate pricing and does stuff no one else does imo. You can always buy junk setups cheaper but you get what you pay for so just DON'T or you'll be whining like a girl later! Highly recommended!
The following 2 users liked this post by ZO6Ted:
tjmath (02-12-2020), TrickTurbo (02-12-2020)

Quick Reply: Trick Performance, outstanding Kit