PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Sponsor Feedback (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sponsor-feedback-154/)
-   -   Thunder Racing (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sponsor-feedback-154/thunder-racing-365745/)

greentahoe 05-16-2006 07:45 PM

Thunder Racing

Im getting pretty fed up with my recent dealings with them. I called 4 weeks ago to order some stainless brake lines for my truck and the girl there said that she would call Earls on Mon (it was Sat) to check there availability and place my order. Well I dont hear anything for a week and call back Fri and speak to another guy. He apologizes and takes my info, calls Earls and places the order. He said my card wouldnt be charged until they shipped out. This was almost 3 weeks ago!! I called 5 times This past Sat (5/13) and left 2 messages. I then called 4 times Mon, 2 messages. Its now Wed and still havent been graced with a return call!! I would cancel my order but I cant reach anyone and I dont want to place an order elsewhere since I dont want my card charged twice giving me more B.S. to deal with. Im getting pretty irritated. Anyone know how to actually SPEAK to someone over there???

TIM Z 05-16-2006 08:10 PM

that sucks dude, i hate playing fn phone tag! hows the arm doin?

goshawk23 05-16-2006 08:14 PM

i ordered earl brake lines from them too about the same time you did. i got an email saying they were on back order and that it would be a little while. i also ordered some hawk hps pads from them but have yet to recieve them in the mail. i emailed them yesterday and have yet to get a response. thunder racing has always been top notch by me. i have always gotten my stuff next day or 2 days.

side note, i have been waiting on a gauge for 2 months now.

Silver-Dollar 05-17-2006 06:10 AM

Had similar issues when I ordered my AS&M headers some time ago (back order). And then again when I order gear install kit and T/A cover. Install kit arrived pretty quick but the cover was on back order. There definitely was some communications issues.

I have learned a valuable lesson, always ask if it is a stock item. If it is not a stock item, look around to find it in stock. If you can not find it in stock, place order with preferred vendor and wait.

I know shit happens, and beside the communication issue, I will order from them again if I need to.

Nick™ 05-17-2006 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Anyone know how to actually SPEAK to someone over there???

good luck, I've actually walked into the place... stood there for about 20 minutes without even being acknowledged, and left empty handed. That was my first and last experience with Thunder, I'm going to have to be in one heck of a bind before I go back :argh:

white1 05-17-2006 09:30 AM

Ive never had a problem except with the attitudes.

greentahoe 05-17-2006 07:30 PM

Got a hold of them today (I had to call again) and spoke to Paul I believe?? He was very nice and explained that they were on back order with no ETA. He cancelled my order for me and was very nice. I wish someone couldve called me back. Thunder was my favorite sponsor. This has left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I ordered them from a non-sponser and they will be here monday.

Originally Posted by TIM Z
that sucks dude, i hate playing fn phone tag! hows the arm doin?

Its in a movable brace. Im going to get started on the brakes as soon as the lines arrive though. I cant sit around doing nothing anymore. My buddy is going to help me get the STS on and Vortech off in the next couple of weeks. Im going to have to wait on the motor until all is well though :ripped:

litreddevil 05-18-2006 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by goshawk23
i ordered earl brake lines from them too about the same time you did. i got an email saying they were on back order and that it would be a little while. i also ordered some hawk hps pads from them but have yet to recieve them in the mail. i emailed them yesterday and have yet to get a response. thunder racing has always been top notch by me. i have always gotten my stuff next day or 2 days.

side note, i have been waiting on a gauge for 2 months now.

but not from thunder

litreddevil 05-18-2006 12:13 PM

side note, i have been waiting on a gauge for 2 months now.[/QUOTE]

but not from thunder

goshawk23 05-18-2006 12:29 PM

no the gauge is from new era performance