PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Sponsor Feedback (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sponsor-feedback-154/)
-   -   Discount Tire Direct is AWESOME!! (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sponsor-feedback-154/discount-tire-direct-awesome-515474/)

nonnieselman 03-14-2013 12:09 PM

Discount Tire Direct is AWESOME!!

Ive bought about 5? Sets of tires from them over the years.
Today on the way to lunch my front passenger side tire decided to grab something in the road and gash the sidewall and push the bead off the wheel.

I orderd a new tire on their website and called to see if it could ship out today.
Zack told me that since ive done quite a good bit of buisness with them that he would get it out today, added me to their road hazard service and got the tire for free.
Cost me $108 i think he said. Tire was $175.

Not only do they have great prices, the free shipping is the deal maker!

If they have the tires i want, im buying from them everytime. Dont get that good of service just everywhere these days.

Thanks DTD!

smokeshow 03-14-2013 12:12 PM

Nice...I'll keep that in mind.

03sierraslt 03-14-2013 12:51 PM

I have had great luck with them as well.

Mangled03gmc 03-14-2013 01:42 PM

Have also used them for 3-4 purchases. Allways had excellent CS, no issues. Glad to see they kinda hooked you up..

nonnieselman 03-14-2013 02:04 PM

Covers the tires i just got for my moms car too i think..
Now everything has Cooper Tires on it :D

cttandy 03-14-2013 02:08 PM

I have had good success with them as well. When someone tried to steel my wheels and tires, they were the closest tire shop. I had forgot the lugnut key at home, so I ran the lugnuts in by my bare hand and gently limped the truck 3 miles to their business. The guy behind the counter quickly ran out and figured out what key he needed and tightened everything back down for me. He then showed me how easy it was to remove those "special splined lugnuts" with a standard socket.

I also enjoy seeing a business that does everything right. They don't take short cuts. It really impressed me to see a tire shop grab a torque wrench and insure everything was torqued down correctly.

nonnieselman 03-14-2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by cttandy (Post 5079494)
I have had good success with them as well. When someone tried to steel my wheels and tires, they were the closest tire shop. I had forgot the lugnut key at home, so I ran the lugnuts in by my bare hand and gently limped the truck 3 miles to their business. The guy behind the counter quickly ran out and figured out what key he needed and tightened everything back down for me. He then showed me how easy it was to remove those "special splined lugnuts" with a standard socket.

The tightest fitting impact socket and a big hammer then a pull bar or impact wrench.. works but it sure aint easy getting the lugnuts out of the socket.

cttandy 03-14-2013 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by nonnieselman (Post 5079495)
The tightest fitting impact socket and a big hammer then a pull bar or impact wrench.. works but it sure aint easy getting the lugnuts out of the socket.

Wasn't even that hard. A 19MM slipped right over and took them right off. I used them do to the design of the wheel more so then security.