Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

re: Joe Gibbs original suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile re: Joe Gibbs original suspension mods

Hi all!
New member here. 2005 JG Silverado std cab, un-blown.
It appears when these trucks were modified by Gibbs they lowered them with shorter front springs. I guess as a result of spring sag my truck is now riding on the bump stops making for nasty ride. I want to replace the springs and go to dropped spindles but I do not know how much they were lowered via the springs. It appears it was about 2 or 3 inches in the front. Anybody know the original JG settings front and rear. I also wonder how much the rear springs may have settled. Thinking 3 inch spindles may be the solution if the original front setting was 2 inches. Are the sway bars different than stock Silverado's? Anyone know who was the shock supplier?
On another subject did the 2005's come with a tuner? In the process of searching for my truck I noticed that the 2004's all seemed to be spec'd out the same were as there seemed to be varying specs, as to add on equipment, on the 2005's like mine.
Might there be a list of the various modifications and specs of theses truck built by Gibbs?
Anyways thanks for any help with these questions and thanks for having me on this forum.
Mike
Old 02-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2005 JG Tahoe w/ blower and mine came with a Superchips handheld tuner. Not sure if youd get the tuner without the blower? Ive only had the truck about 8 months and its hard to find any info on these things. As for the lowering springs, I believe it is a 2" drop on the front.
The following users liked this post:
mike100m (02-27-2017)